My thoughts on Digital Conviction

Oct 22, 2008
Sup Guys,

Effect-
Digital Conviction is an amazing effect that can be performed anywhere and anytime with all borrowed objects. Everything is completely ungimmicked and examinable and the spectator keeps a souvenir that will surely make you unforgettable.

Check out the link I will be posting below for the full detailed summary of the effect.

This is an extremely long and lasting effect that in my opinion from some experience with it will leave memories in your spectators head. Once they see that the picture on your or even their phone has changed they will have that pic as long as they want till they delete it. (which they're losers if they do ;) They will be looking at pics with their friends weeks later and be explaining about the picture and how great you were when you did this trick. Awesome.

The method of this trick is fairly I clever. I could have seen something like this coming... but hey I didn't, so good job B Smith!

This trick is indeed totally impromtu, which equals awesomeness. All you need is a cell phone that has a camera which is about 99.8% of em these days. And if yours doesn't than your getting old. And of course a deck of cards.

B. Smith is a very good teacher and he kept me interested through out the tutorial. He used eric ross as his... should I say assistant which one think that I really got a good laugh at was Eric's facial expressions through out the vid, haha. I don't know if he meant to do them but dang it really entertrained me, not that the rest didn't. B goes over all you will need to know. So there should be no unanswered questions at the end.

This trick is a bit difficult sometimes to pull off. It will take alot of practice but once you got it, it will be a piece of magic that will be used alot. I found it a bit difficult at start but as I kept doing it, it just got more and more easy to pull it off. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

B. Smith also teaches you an extra... mental type of card trick using your cell phone which may be a littllee hard to pull off but this one is extremely cool at the same time. I thought myself that you may not even need to use a cell phone. But ofcorse it may go well with the actual trick digital conviction.

At first like lots of people I was a bit hesitant to recieve this effect. I never really thought about doing much cell phone magic. But the more and more I start to do this I see so much of an affect on the spectators and I am almost getting obsessed with performing this piece. Don't be hesitant because I really think you guys will enjoy this one. Trust me.

Pick it up and I'd love to hear what you all think:

http://www.papercranemagic.com/digitalconviction.htm

The snake,

Jake

I would like to give a heads up to all the lefties out there wanting to buy it.

Its gonna be some work! Because you cant do the sleight!

Just to warn you guys, im working on how to get it done.

EDIT// This should be okay now!

Mikk

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx

Mikk

As far as I can tell, this is just not true. Reverse the angles and you're fine.

As far as I can tell, this is just not true. Reverse the angles and you're fine.

I didnt get an anwser on PM but let me explain.

The pips are on the other side, and what makes the picture tick is that the eg. 4 of diamonds changes to the six of spades. Awesome, but when i do it with my side, there are no pips. The sleight is useless because im not changing anything on the phone.

Mikk

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
I didnt get an anwser on PM but let me explain.

The pips are on the other side, and what makes the picture tick is that the eg. 4 of diamonds changes to the six of spades. Awesome, but when i do it with my side, there are no pips. The sleight is useless because im not changing anything on the phone.

Mikk

I didn't think of this and you're exactly right. I can't imagine the sleights involved would be that hard with the non-dominate hand though, so maybe just go that route.

My apologies.

Oct 22, 2008

EDIT// This should be okay now!

Mikk

yes thank you for pointing that out Mikk I am also a leftie, so it will take alot more work but just takes practice thats all

-Jake

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
I'm a righty, but if you're left handed then try working with the pip closer to you, it will only provide more cover and angle protection. Whoever has this effect will understand me and can develop this idea to suit them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results