My thoughts on "limited" decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
Well this thread wont be open long most likely, but instead of my thoughts getting lost in an utterly useless thread hyping these white Centurions, I choose to express them in a thread of my own.

First off, again, I would like to applaud T11 for their deck designs. Above and beyond, better than "the others"

On the other hand.........

White Centurions. Just a few things you need to think about.
T11 staff member said:
The White Centurions Deck is officially the rarest deck in the world.

No. No it isnt. If you made 10, and 10 only, it STILL wouldnt be the rarest deck. Not even the rarest USPC deck.

another T11 staff member said:
this is the rarest production playing card run to our knowledge. Yes, you can go and print one deck through a separate "on-demand" system - but that is NOT the USPCC production printing process and the decks that come out of the "on-demand" printing process fan like a mixture of sandpaper and woodchips. Do they look good? Yes. Do they feel good? Categorically, no.

Interesting......but far from accurate. Why? Well read on...

Yet ANOTHER T11 staff member on small run custom decks said:
Yeah I would bet my money they're terrible quality. If you want anything like what they make for theory11, you'll need the 10,000 minimum

Hmm. 10,000 deck minimum.....

Well which is it? Either you had junk decks printed or you had a crapload made.

The Brown Wynns werent rare either. How do I KNOW? I live less than 3 miles from the USPC, I know the people there.

I have made many of what I thought were informative posts here, either agreeing or disagreeing with the practices on this site. I dont post much, but those who know me, also know I only try and look out for the members, espicially the card guys/gals. The staff only seems to lock threads I post in.

This isnt a post to hammer T11 for their cards, heck, I like em, but this "limited" crap has got to come to an end.

Just frickin sell the decks.....

I am willing to bet one of the staff members will call me on this but, quite simply, thats marketing.

They want to sell many decks, they sell more decks because they are "rare" (I am also willing to bet that they actually ARE rare) and therefor they use it as a marketing strategy.

Im neither here nor there on it, but thats life. They could be lying, they might not be, makes no difference, i'll buy the decks I like either way.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey Palmer,

Just to make a few things more clear. The first quote you mentioned from a theory11 staff member, is not from a theory11 staff member. The third quote you mentioned was an opinion taken out of context from Richard discussing the USPCC "on-demand" printed decks. Therefore, I shall address the second quote, as it was me that posted it : I stand by it. Yes, anyone can go and print a single deck through the new "on-demand" process, but they are not printed on-site at the USPCC, and they are not the same feel nor finish in any stretch of the phrase.

I am jealous that you do live 3 miles from the USPC, as that is cool - but that does not mean that your facts are correct. On the contrary, they are not. The brown Wynn's are rare... which is why they are no longer attainable. The quantity we have left - which is the remaining quantity - is minimal and held in private reserves for future use in contests and such.

In truth, as our crew has posted directly previously, the white Centurions were printed in extremely limited quantities. Of this first edition supply, we have less than 1,000 in possession. If not the lowest quantity in a production (full press run), then it's near to it. And we think that's cool. And we like them. And since we love the decks, we wanted our members to be able to own them and use them, and that's exactly what we're doing. For $4.95, that's a steal in my book.

Hopefully this post clarifies a few misconceptions you held previously. If not, of course, do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results