Name of a trick?

Jan 12, 2017
Hello, so i always see magicians such as david blaine does a trick where he gives the cards to the spectator and they place them down in 2 piles based off their guess of the color then get it 100% right. I was wondering if anyone knew what thw name of that trick is

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Paul Curry, pamphlet titled "Out of this World" (1942)
Harry Lorraine, "Out of this Universe" in Close Up Card Magic (1962)
Paul Curry, "The World Revisited", Paul Curry Presents (1074)
Alex Elmsley, "It's a Small World", The Collected Work of Alex Elmsley, Volume 2 (1994)
Paul Harris and Wyman Jones, "Galaxy", The Art of Astonishment, Volume 3 (1996)
U.F. Grant and Euguene Burger , Intimate Power Out of this World" in Mastering the Art of Magic (200)
Paul Curry, "Out of this World", World's Beyond (2001)
John Armstrong, "Out of this Blah, Blah Blah" in Armstrong Card Magic Volume 3 DVD and Out of All World2 (2009)

For a more details, see This Post on the Magic Cafe.

If you like the plot, your best bet is the book Out of All Worlds which has a collection of the various plots.

My favorites are Galaxy, Intimate Power and Out of this Blah, Blah, Blah.

Jan 12, 2017
Paul Curry, pamphlet titled "Out of this World" (1942)
Harry Lorraine, "Out of this Universe" in Close Up Card Magic (1962)
Paul Curry, "The World Revisited", Paul Curry Presents (1074)
Alex Elmsley, "It's a Small World", The Collected Work of Alex Elmsley, Volume 2 (1994)
Paul Harris and Wyman Jones, "Galaxy", The Art of Astonishment, Volume 2 (1996)
U.F. Grant and Euguene Burger , Intimate Power Out of this World" in Mastering the Art of Magic (200)
Paul Curry, "Out of this World", World's Beyond (2001)
John Armstrong, "Out of this Blah, Blah Blah" in Armstrong Card Magic Volume 3 DVD and Out of All World2 (2009)

For a more details, see This Post on the Magic Cafe.

If you like the plot, your best bet is the book Out of All Worlds which has a collection of the various plots.

My favorites are Galaxy, Intimate Power and Out of this Blah, Blah, Blah.
Wow, thanks for the very informative reply, I was already aware of the trick "Out of This World" but i wasn't aware of all these different variations based on the concept. I will definitely check a lot of these out.

Reactions: Bodini

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Wow, thanks for the very informative reply, I was already aware of the trick "Out of This World" but i wasn't aware of all these different variations based on the concept. I will definitely check a lot of these out.

Really this is only the tip of the iceberg as well, there are a ton of versions out there.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results