Name that trick?

Aug 26, 2012
Bloomfield, Iowa
So, my mom got a new boyfriend that was into magic when he was a younger and he showed me a couple card tricks and one fooled me and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was called because it was a really nice trick.

First I picked a card it was returned to the deck and showed me the bottom card and asked if it was my card it wasn't so he took that card and sat it on the table and put the next card on top and repeated the last two steps tell four cards where on the table. he showed me all four cards again to make sure none of them were mine and sat them back down on the table. He had me touch two he removed the other two, touch one more and removed that one and when I flipped over the last remaining card it was mine.

My guess/how I would do it: He had a certain amount of cards under my card when it was returned then when he showed me the bottom card to set it down he did a slide to get my card to the bottom then when he asked me to make sure none of them were mine he did a slide again and showed me two of the cards twice then the touch two remove two was a fake choice he was going to remove the ones he wanted no matter what and all that's left is to flip over their card.

If anyone has any idea what this trick is called or any better guesses on how to do it I'd love to hear. It was a normal deck, no duplicates.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm pretty sure this is taught in the Royal Road to Card Magic

You need to study your fundamentals.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results