Naming New Flourishes

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
Hey guys, i come up with a lot of cardistry and i struggle to come up with half decent names for them, normally i just take the name of the song im listening to and use something like that or i just go on google translator and put some random word into latin and if it sounds cool ill use that, but normally they still sound pretty terrible and they dont match the flourish, just wondering how you guys come up with names for your flourishes? Thanks, c.t

Nov 3, 2012
Naming things is in general always hard, at least for me. When I come up with something that I want a name for I just walk around all day sounding out different words that I like. One thing I created I actually called "Took Switch". Yep, really creative.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I generally either name a move after whatever I was thinking when I created it or give it a name based off what it looks like.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I personally think it's stupid to give flourishes names that sound cool but mean nothing, like "Syphon" or "Quartz" or whatever. I'd take a minimalist approach to it and name it according to its appearance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results