Need feedback, a quick preview.

Apr 20, 2013
Hello everyone.
I'm planning on releasing a trick on The Wire, but I've heard several tricks got rejected since they are either not original or whatever that cause them to be rejected.

So I'm going to give a little sneak peek for all of you about what I'm going to release.
I'll not include any video since I haven't (and can't) film it now.
So I'll give a written description of what the trick would be.
I want your feedback and your comments, also your critics. ( all critics, either building or downfall-ing critics are welcomed.)
I also want you to judge either it is original or not. If it is, I might release it. If not, I'll bury it under my pillow.

So here it is:

This is a trick I would like to call as the Off-The-Record Book Test.
I've done this trick several times on stage and on the street before and to be honest it is actually quite preferable to a beginner magician that is trying to do mental magic.
It is simple, easy, with little preparation.

Basically saying, what this trick do is this:
1. The magician introduces the spectators to the phenomena of Instinct. He then choose any random spectator.
2. The chosen spectator CHOOSE a prediction. ( Which he/she does not know that it is a prediction ). He then choose other spectator.
3. The 2nd spectator choose ANY book. He/she then choose another spectator.
4. The 3rd spectator choose a number ( it could be 2 digits till 3 digits! ). He/she then choose another spectator.
5. The last spectator also choose a number.
6. The Magician recap the phenomena of Instinct and Free will of the spectators. He then ask the spectator who holds the book to open the book according to the page of the 3rd spectator and go to the line that was according to the number chosen by the last spectator. The magician then ask him to read silently in his/her mind what was the sentences along that line on that page. He then calls out the first spectator who have chosen the prediction and together with him he reveal the prediction, but only to that spectator.
7. The final revelation may differ. But the simple one would be the magician asks the spectator who holds the book and the spectator who hold the prediction to read TOGETHER at THE SAME TIME what was written right in front of them.

That is pretty much what would be like.
The simplify all of it, this is a book test that was done BY THE SPECTATORS. The Magician was completely just a medium among the spectators.

I would like to have your feedback and critics. Thank you.

-LYE

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results