Need some help with Windows Movie Maker...

these are my vague directions...

Well, where it says titles, that can be used to make words and things on,before, or after a certain clip or at the beginning. when you write your title they have color and animatioon selections. Those are just below the text box.

Credits may be placed at the end of your video and the same aminmation and color options apply.

you may add screen changes such as disolves into the next clip by using the video transition sections. you may also use the video effects section you can make it black and white or like an old movie or rotated. and more.

To import you movie just click import video. Then bring in whatever clips from your computer you need. Click and drag these clips in the order you want them down into the timeline. once they are in you can figure out where to pace all the transitions, effects, and titles.

For music click import music. Then once you have the selected track in simply drag it down underneath your video. Where it says music you will notice your song is there. By right clicking on it you can have the song fade in and fade out. You may shorten the music and clips by clicking the arrow on the end and pulling it backwards.

BONUS:

Slow motion: Many people don't know how to do slow motion on window movie maker. Simply right click on the clip you want in slo-mo and go to effects. Cllick slow down half and then add. Now it is slo-mo.

Fast Motion: This is the same thing. Only this time on the effect screen select speed up double then add.

That's all I will tell you. There is a lot more to learn about trimming clips and still shots and such but I don't have room to write all about it so go ahead and expiriment now.

Dylan P.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Windows Movie Maker is one of those editors that is better to simply learn yourself through experimenting. If you find that you really enjoy video editing, once you've got WMM down, I suggest you pick up a more advanced editor such as Sony Vegas (I use the Platinum edition) or Final Cut Pro (if you have a Mac). But for now, Windows Movie Maker should work perfectly for what you're wanting to do.

Good luck man. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results