Need Some Talent Show Ideas!

May 16, 2008
I'm doing my school talent show and am wondering if anyone has some ideas that i havent thought of. they dont have to be illusions or anything like that.

i was thinking i would do angle zero and have the ripped corner end up under an audience members chair.

i have ten minutes and really need some ideas quick because the show is on the 14 and rehersal is on the 5th.

thank u guys so much i appreciate your help.

-brice

Sep 1, 2007
California
How big is the audience? That ripped corner effect might be cool and all, but can you be sure all the people in the audience will see a ripper corner and "trust" that it matches the card you are holding? Just some questions. I'm sure you can work it out, but gotta finish workin out the performance kinks. I think the effect is cool, but it's a little too "small-group" oriented. Stage magic should "speak for itself."

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ýou sohuld click on the 'search' tab and search for 'talent show ideas'. See how many results you can come up with ;)

Apr 27, 2008
I have no idea how big your talent show is but these are the effects I am performing. A quick hypnosis thing on teachers, zombie ball, Ultimate cane (moi.ca), and a nail under cup routine with pk ring. Pretty strong stuff but requires a little bit of money, but it will help you get a name out in the school.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
If you're making the corner appear under a seat, why not do a mentalism thingymajig and make the audience members choose the number of the seat it's under?

Sep 3, 2007
You have a rehersal in... What is it? Ten days? And you don't know what you are performing? My oppinion, do something you know to the letter, nothing new, or just don't do it. Ten days is not enough time to get a show ready, even for a school tallent show.

You have a rehersal in... What is it? Ten days? And you don't know what you are performing? My oppinion, do something you know to the letter, nothing new, or just don't do it. Ten days is not enough time to get a show ready, even for a school tallent show.
I couldn't agree more. I've messed up a couple of talent shows a while back because of a lack of preparation.

10 days simply isn't enough time to learn something completely new. Stick with what you know, it will have a bigger impact then whipping out something new.

Good luck.

Mitch

May 16, 2008
yes i will be able to use a very very large projection screen which would help. any ideas of other tricks i might know?? and pk ring idea sounds cool except my ring will be here in a week so i wont have time to practice. the audience will be fairly large. it is in my auditorium so maybe uh...well atleast a hundred.

thanks for all the help guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results