New and improved 4Aces change into 4kings

Oct 1, 2012
First off I want to say hello. I got bit by the card magic bug about a month ago and i frequent theory11 on a daily basis. I have many good questions that will benefit so many other people so I will just start with one:

Every 4 for 4 trick I have seen on dvd/youtube/youku all have a major flaw. When the magician is displaying the 4 Aces for the spectator, up untill that point everything seems to be fair and straightforward...But then we get to a weak link in the frame work of the trick. The next checkpoint of this trick is Putting the 4 of a kind into the spectators hand, face down.

Objective= switch kings for aces. Place cards face down in spectators hand.

Flaw/Red Flag of trickery= Setting the cards back onto the deck, only to lift them off again right afterwards. It doesnt follow the natural order of getting those 4 cards into the spectators hands.

This trick could be improved 10 fold if you can avoid putting cards back onto the deck. It is taking cards the longest rout from "A" (YOUR HANDS) and "B" (Spectators hands). Rings false and jeopardizes the shock value of this trick.

I cant wait to see if anybody has worked out a better way to execute this move! As of right now I can think of maybe one possible solution, and its a weak one. Create a reason for having to set the cards down. Something along the lines of "Ok I am going to trust that you are going to aid me in the success of this trick, you and I are a team you know! hold out your hand so i can make sure its not to dry or dirty (put cards onto the deck and reach out to feel her hand)." Then you have justified why you set them back down onto the deck.

Optimal Solution - Avoid putting cards back on top of deck somehow. What does everyone think? any ideas?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results