New at custom decks...

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
So yeah basically i am not a big fan of custom decks, i hardly own any ... and i was counting on you guyz to give me some advice on which custom deck to buy. So tell me which custom decks you recommend either from T11 or Ellusionist. I will be using these decks for flourishing but mostly magic ...

Th4nk Y0u

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
So yeah basically i am not a big fan of custom decks, i hardly own any ... and i was counting on you guyz to give me some advice on which custom deck to buy. So tell me which custom decks you recommend either from T11 or Ellusionist. I will be using these decks for flourishing but mostly magic ...

Th4nk Y0u

Im not really into custom decks either but the ones that I have messed around with that are worth looking into are

guardians
split spades
and the Propaganda deck was actually awsome.

Jesse Feinberg

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#n
May 21, 2010
Boston, MA
www.jessesmagic.com
In Stock: I would recommend Tally Ho Circle Backs (my old school favorite), and Bee Stingers (nice bee stock, simple design).

Out of Stock: Split Spades (high quality pro deck) and Smoke and Mirrors V4's (nice design, metallic ink is cool!). Try these out when they are available again...

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
I have these and they're all really great decks and depending on the situation it will add something cool to your performance:

1) Guardians here at T11
2) Ghost deck at E
3) Shadow Masters at E
4) Raiders Black deck at ExoMagic (http://www.exomagic.net)
5) Red Dragon deck at ExoMagic

The Bicycle 125th Anniversary editions are really cool as well, I really like the quality. You can get them at Target or Walmart.

The two decks I use 90% of the time are Guardians and the red Wynn decks. But the Wynn decks are out of print and not worth the price anymore.

May 10, 2010
The Guardians and Split Spades Lions are on the top of my list. If you can find any the Smoke and Mirrors are awesome.

May 8, 2010
if you dont like custom decks just stick to what yu like. Its basically a matter of personal preference. i like the Tally-Ho circle back Vipers and the Propaganda deck here :)

Jan 31, 2010
I like my 125s, if you consider them custom. Ghosts are nice but really slippery when you get them, plus not everyone likes the thickness.

Raiders are cool and come in white now if you want to avoid black decks.

I personally don't like Guardians. The style is cool and I have no qualms about the quality of the cardstock, but I don't like the backs much. They printing isn't as fine and detailed as I hoped when I ordered them.

I'll put in my plug for White Knuckle decks. UV 800 Finish on Bicycle stock. Every card is unique, including the spot cards, and everything was drawn freehand. A bit pricey, so that's a huge putoff if you don't want to invest in a bulk buy. Still, gorgeous, quality cards that are worth the money if you want to do some magic with real art.

Apr 6, 2010
I really like Bicycle Centurions and they are good from a beginners perspective - don't know how experienced you are.

I was fortunate enough to get some Smoke and Mirrors V4 off ebay for relatively cheap, and there are still a few kicking about. They are wonderful cards and worth the extra cash if your willing to spend it.

Apr 24, 2010
I am going to have to go with propaganda. They lasted FOREVER and the design really grows on you. Also guardians are pretty great and black tigers are ok.

May 10, 2010
I was fortunate enough to get some Smoke and Mirrors V4 off ebay for relatively cheap, and there are still a few kicking about. They are wonderful cards and worth the extra cash if your willing to spend it.

Hey same here! I found a few going cheap so I grabbed a few decks. I must say these feel pretty darn good, and well worth the cash.

Personally I preferred the earlier versions because of the dual colours that can be used for tricks every now and then. But you're gonna be paying for 2 decks though. Nonetheless, the V4s are really unique cause of the green metallic ink. I'd say get them, if you have the chance that is.

I prefer Theory11's decks over Ellusionist's, particularly due to the durability that comes with the former's. Ellusionist provides cards with sick designs, but I have somewhat regretted buying them because they don't feel all that good compared to my Guardians, Split Spades or Smoke and Mirrors.

Just my personal opinion though.

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I love my Split Spades. I recommend them. The design is awesome and there are a few crazy optical illusions. I also have tried the Ellusionist decks and I like the decks with the UV500 bc they seem to last longer, to me anyway. I also have a few decks of Smoke and Mirrors V.4, that I don't use that often, but they're an awesome deck as well.

Apr 6, 2010
I love my Split Spades. I recommend them. The design is awesome and there are a few crazy optical illusions. I also have tried the Ellusionist decks and I like the decks with the UV500 bc they seem to last longer, to me anyway. I also have a few decks of Smoke and Mirrors V.4, that I don't use that often, but they're an awesome deck as well.

Yup i got my Split Spades today, the level of detail is incredible and they feel so smooth and perfect. Plus you hardly need to wear them in because their finish is balanced just right so they fan well but don't slide too much.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Split Spades all the Way. Amazing cards and I really need to get more of them. Smoothest feel ever and they even feel better than V4's!(in My opinion).

Love those cards. Stock up on them. Get 100 if you can.

-G

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yup i got my Split Spades today, the level of detail is incredible and they feel so smooth and perfect. Plus you hardly need to wear them in because their finish is balanced just right so they fan well but don't slide too much.
I love how they fan and the back design is killer. They're worth the cash you spend on them that's for sure. What color did you get Sk8er?

Apr 6, 2010
Well i think ill pass for the moment haha. I started magic and flourishing 3 months ago, and i already have 12 custom decks, 2 of which are wynns [red and brown], and 4 of which are smoke and mirrors v4. I can not resist the urge to have at least one of each rare deck in my possession! I am actually waiting until Lee Asher re-releases the Jerry's from his store, because i have to get at least one of those decks, just to stare at!

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
That will be next year though won't it?

You're better off just finding one on Ebay.

-G

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results