New Breed of Magic Video

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Hey guys!

This video is a new kind of magic video. It's a skit with a magic trick inside of it. The reason for this is so that it would make magic videos a lot more watchable. (Because we all know that most magic videos on YouTube are pretty suckish)

So tell me what you think of it. :)

You can watch it: HERE

PS: I know I kind of flashed during the trick, so there's no need to remind me

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Replying to this on iPad. Major Swaaaaaaaggg.

Regarding the video, I like the idea! It was enjoyable and funny to watch; exactly what you wanted! Just keep in mind to get some better camera angles on the effects, as you did what I will not say because it will go against your post :p. Keep up the good work with the videos. I can't wait to see more!

Jun 1, 2009
That was pretty entertaining, maybe incorporating one or two more quick effects in addition to the main one would be a nice addition, just to keep the "magic" vibe up.
Overall I think it's a very cool concept, I hope more people start doing this!

Jacob

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Is this a purebred..? So cheesy... I liked the video but one thing I had to point out: from 2:55 to 3:04 I thought you sounded a lot like Zach from The Insider. I don't mean your voice I mean just how he talks and his humor.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Other than the obvious major balls up with showing how the effect works I quite enjoyed that. I find you easy and enjoyable to watch, I'd take that off youtube though.

If you want that to be a new trend in magic vids, I honestly don't think think it should be a common thing. It downplays magic as a live experience and since its a skit, essentially everything is set up and removes some feeling of impromtu-ness (which isn't the worst thing, but still) which adds a level of impossibility to some magic. I think the reason most youtube magic videos suck is because the people making them suck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results