New Card Design...

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
My Card Design...

Hi Guys,

Some of you must be getting tired of the countless threads being posted with new card designs. That's completly understandable, but I think it's great to see people coming up with creative ideas/designs and having enough courage to post them online for the world to see. That's what Theory 11 is all about.With that said, I thought I would add my two cents here. The idea of creating a deck of cards with an "all-natural" or "green" theme has been brewing in my mind for a couple of months now. Just this morning I decided I would make an effort to actually design the backs. I've attached an image of what I came up with, and would love to know what you think of it. I am seriously considering having them printed at www.card-shark.de - should I go ahead with this?

Here is the design - http://i29.tinypic.com/ip8luf.png

Edit - Just for reference, I think that people are not noticing the texture. That is intentional, and part of the design.

Peace,

-Cory

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 21, 2007
um, i pretty sure this has been done before, but in a darker shade of green...
and usauly when we mean Custom Decks i think people are taking about a new design, not just altered colours...

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
um, i pretty sure this has been done before, but in a darker shade of green...
and usauly when we mean Custom Decks i think people are taking about a new design, not just altered colours...

Right on. I would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction of the design with the darker shade of green. :D

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Thanks for the link dragon521. I have a deck of those.

Please let me point out a few differences between that deck and my design...

• My design features a recycled paper texture, used to give it a more natural and organic look. I think that this has gone un-noticed.
  • My design uses a much less saturated green hue.

I'm going to go for a walk, but I'll be back in a bit.

Peace,

-Cory

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Oh, you Canadians and your silly little myths about the existence of an "environment" and the need to "save it". You crack me up.

The cards though, are a sweet idea. I totally get where you're going with the natural feel and grain to the paper. I think it would be tight to have a graphic designer play with the back design and maybe have some "natural growth" worked into the pattern. Not too much. Not "jungle", just enough to give the impression that the green plants are starting to already reclaim the cards.

If you could get that look going I'd totally buy a deck, and I'm a non-recycling hippy hating global-warming-is-a-hoax republican.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I like the idea of making green custom cards. However, I think that you woul encounter legal problems with using Bicycle design recolored and little modified.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Well, USPCC has copyrighted their designs, so I think it would be illegal to use their designs without their permission. I'm not a lawyer, though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results