New Coin Vanish/Reappearance

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
I've come up with a pretty neat coin vanish and reappearance, and after a few hours of thought (and not much success), I came up with the name "The Here and There Coin Vanish".

Here is a link to the video: http://vimeo.com/3873618

This video was taken quite a while ago, and I have finally decided to upload it. I can't re-film it (my camera fell into a river when I was filming), but I have gotten much better at the move. Some of you guys probably will figure this out, because I filmed this a bit prematurely. :p

What do you guys think?

Sorry man, it's not original :(
The exact same vanish is used in an effect (not gonna say it because I perform it for magicians all the time :)), but even if it were original, I wouldn't have put up this video without a little practice first. Otherwise it was very creative, well done.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
Sorry man, it's not original :(
The exact same vanish is used in an effect (not gonna say it because I perform it for magicians all the time :)), but even if it were original, I wouldn't have put up this video without a little practice first. Otherwise it was very creative, well done.

Dang, I did quite a bit of research, and I didn't find anything similar to it. Oh well.

Mar 29, 2008
Reactions - not only is it not original - but the method appears transparent. It is obvious how you are hiding the coin, as it appears you are playing "what hand is it in" and you do flash a bit on the retrieval from the back clip.

Coin magic is hard to make look good - instead of making up new things - focus, at first, on doing created things flawlessly.

Jul 8, 2008
I suggest picking up a few books on coin magic. It seems like you have something of an idea that is going to skyrocket but you might just have all of this new hip flashy today fluff blocking what you really want to express with your magic. I would tell you to pick up a few books on presentation since that is where all of the real information we need is hidden, just waiting for us to find it. You were cramped and kind of got caught up in your idea a bit too much. If you want a little bit of inspiration, learn the ways of the goshman/tenkai pinch, learn their language, breed with their women, and then young grasshopper, you will be ready... Or PM me ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results