New Idea for the Website

Sep 1, 2007
USA
First off, I know there is a thread here that was made for people to post their ideas to make this a better site. I couldn't find it after ten minutes of searching (it should be sticky-d any ways) so I'm going to post it here in hopes that J. Bayme or Richard find it.

Anyways, I've been part of this community since it began, almost 2 years ago (not quite there yet whatistheory11.com/panic), and I've been posting replies on forums since the beginning. The problem is, though, that once I make a post I would like to hear the other responses on it but it's difficult to find the exact thread again. I know that there is a way to "subscribe" to a thread but for me, and I'm sure others, it gets annoying to subscribe, check email, and go through the annoying emails to make sure which thread that I wanted to follow.

So my idea is that Theory11 creates a little bar at the bottom of the screen, almost exactly like facebook, that gives you a notification on the threads that you have posted in. I know what you're thinking, what if there are 200 follow up posts. Well, it could be like the email notifications where you get one notification for each thread until you check that thread and then you get another one if someone posts something else.

It can also give updates on contests that are going on, who won the saturday night contest, where the saturday night contest is, new products (1-on1s and such) etc.

You can post in this thread any other features that this "bottom bar" idea can do like list your favorited videos and such.

With all due respect

ZG

Sep 1, 2007
USA
While I know what you're saying, if I do subscribe, I would have to click the subscribe button then, when I want to check up on it later, would have to search through my email to find the one from theory11 (please correct me if there is an easier way). Even though it doesn't seem like a lot of work, I rarely check my email making me go out of the way to find the thread again.

I know it does sound sad for me but, one, it's not about how lazy I am, it's about trying to make the website more proficient, and two, the idea isn't solely for the fact that I, as well as others, would like to keep track of threads easier, it is also to keep the community updated with what is happening. (For example what if someone goes on vacation and misses a week of major updates)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
any thread you have posted on is easy to find. go to your user profile. click all statistics and their is a link to all the posts you have made or all the threads you have made. their is a short synopsis of each post so its easy to find the one your looking for.

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Yeah but depending on how much you use the forums, that could be hundreds. I was looking for something by steerpike using that method once because the search tool was being useless and it just took ages. I think it's a good idea.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
It can also provide an easier way to chat with people instead of waiting for something in your private messages to come up.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
It can also provide an easier way to chat with people instead of waiting for something in your private messages to come up.

you mean like visitor messages? lets face it, the system here is pretty easy to work with and impressive. They are doing a great job and if you take into account that there are almost 18,000 threads and about 12,000 members i think they have done a pretty good job of organizing and allowing us all to talk and share information.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I'm not saying that how they do it now is bad, I'm just giving an idea on how I think it could be improved

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results