New Magic Shop

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I have posted on these forums, But I wanted to let everyone know about a newer magic shop that opened up in my area (Milwaukee) The shop is called Big Guys Magic, it has been open for just over a year, and I must say its one of the best shops I have ever been too. It has a certain vibe that most other brick and mortor shops dont. Its not just a place where you can buy your supplies but its a great meeting point for local magicians to hang out and jam. Thats what makes this shop so special. The shop has been doing fairly well this past year, and now has allowed the owner (Big Guy) to expand to the internet. He has a brand new eCommerce site up, and when you guys get a chance I would like for you to check it out. bigguysmagic.com

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Brick and mortar shops are quickly vanishing so to speak. We've had 3 in our area and we are down to 1 and even that is in some guys basement with showcases.

You are right. Internet prices are tough to beat but I'd buy an item from a brick and mortar shop owner any day when he or she demo's it in front of you, knows you as a person / magician and will honestly tell you if it is a good purchase for you or not.

I also agree with you on the sessioning and chatter that goes on in the shops. The commradery is awesome.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The only downside to Brick and Mortar shops is that sometimes the guy behind the counter won't always know whats best for you and will just end up being pushy or in nonstop salesmen mode.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Randy..you are correct, but most of the time once you have been to the shop a few times and it is in your home town....they are nice to you and will tell you whether it is a good purchase for you or not.

If you are just making a one stop shopping experience out of town or you are from another state, then yes, most of the time the shop owners could care less and try to push as much product as they can on you before sending you out the door because in the end, they need to make money.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The only downside to Brick and Mortar shops is that sometimes the guy behind the counter won't always know whats best for you and will just end up being pushy or in nonstop salesmen mode.

True, but an internet screen has a zero percent chance of knowing what is best for you, and will also push sales in your face.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results