New Nervous Habit

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Funny things, nervous habits.

For example, since I've started learning magic, I've recently discovered that when I am on the phone at work with a nasty customer, or in a tense situation or discussion with someone. I grab a deck of cards and just start doing some simple flourishes. (Because I haven't learned anything else besides the basics. :) )

Do any of you have "magic" nervous habits? ....or am I just weird, here? :)

Mar 20, 2008
Indiana
i do the same thing... and i deal with customers all day complaining....i always have a deck of cards in my hands..lol! i don't go anywhere without them. My nervous habit is going over every trick i know before a show. it takes awhile though..lol

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I have this habbit, when i take something in my hand (a wallet, zippo lighter, remote control, cell phone...), immediatly i do some twirling (like a card box twirl), or TG Murphy Flip with all those things.
I love to do it in a bar or a coffie shop, when i pull my wallet out of the pocket, do a wallet twirl, than a wallet flip and then open it in a flourishy way, and waitor is like "what?..."

Sep 1, 2007
I have this habbit, when i take something in my hand (a wallet, zippo lighter, remote control, cell phone...), immediatly i do some twirling (like a card box twirl), or TG Murphy Flip with all those things.
I love to do it in a bar or a coffie shop, when i pull my wallet out of the pocket, do a wallet twirl, than a wallet flip and then open it in a flourishy way, and waitor is like "what?..."

LOL, I work in a Chinese and I always do a TG Murphy Deck Flip with the book of order slips.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
LOL, I work in a Chinese and I always do a TG Murphy Deck Flip with the book of order slips.

Haha, thats great, i can only imagine the look on customers face when you do that in front of them :D

"Hello sir, what would you love to eat today?" *than you take the book of order, do a TG Murphy Deck flip*
Then customer looks at you with total blank face and says "I would love to go home now.... I think...." *and do a Michael Jacksons Moon Walk trough the door, with the blank expression still on his face*

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Whenever I'm talking to anyone on these boards, I can hear them springing and shuffling cards. I'm just as guilty :p

I think it just becomes a part of you. Like football players will toss a football, we shuffle cards. If you do coin magic, trying holding a coin without rolling it on your fingers ;)

-ThrallMind

ah totally know what you mean, usually when in line to buy something i'll do that kind of stuff with my bank card.

Apr 9, 2008
Malaysia
I like palm coin when my hand free for doing anything. Just want to let how to natural the palming.

Maybe I will do muscle pass all the time when I learn it. haha

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma

AMEN! That's exactly what I do. Also, I used to have to riffle EVERY single side a es efore I did something, not now though, I'm good.

-SM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results