New Paper Crane Magic

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
dude. This has to be a sign or something cuz, just yesterday I saw this trick performed by criss angel and I started trying to figure it out. Then the next day I wake up and this gets released! hahaaa. I can't wait to get it!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Is it just me or when the teaser shows "Papercrane Productions" the "u" in productions looks like a typo and that it shows a letter "v". Maybe it is the font. I am just really anal about typos.

Anyway...look forward to seeing this effect / system.

Sep 16, 2008
dude. This has to be a sign or something cuz, just yesterday I saw this trick performed by criss angel and I started trying to figure it out. Then the next day I wake up and this gets released! hahaaa. I can't wait to get it!
The same effect was performed by Ricky Jay in his 1999 special 52 Assistants ( In a more convincing and entertaining way ), the effect is very old, so it is not a sign.

you can watch it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6sG6ddEvM&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or when the teaser shows "Papercrane Productions" the "u" in productions looks like a typo and that it shows a letter "v". Maybe it is the font. I am just really anal about typos.

Anyway...look forward to seeing this effect / system.

I asked about that and from what I was told it's not a typo it's the greek font that was used for that letter since the pandoras origin is from that era.

Dec 26, 2007
Ricky Jay, one of my favorites. We PCP and Shane Black never claimed to invent the sealed deck plot. What we are claiming is that Shane deveoloped a system/utility gimmick for accomplishing that effect and many others like it. Pandora System is designed to be a worker, something that you will always be able to perform in any setting.

Ricky Jay, one of my favorites. We PCP and Shane Black never claimed to invent the sealed deck plot. What we are claiming is that Shane deveoloped a system/utility gimmick for accomplishing that effect and many others like it. Pandora System is designed to be a worker, something that you will always be able to perform in any setting.
i like the effect however i'm kinda let down i wasn't told by eric ross's the infection....thats right up my alley.....

D

Deleted member 2755

I am a friend of Shane's and must say that this system is gold. I know because I know what it is. Shane is a genius.

-Doug

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA

hahahah you said pcp

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
I am a friend of Shane's and must say that this system is gold. I know because I know what it is. Shane is a genius.

-Doug

A 100% impromptu signed card in sealed deck is BOXING M, a trick tought in D+M's THREE LECTURE NOTES

An impromptu brainwave/ invisible deck can be achived with THE ADVOCATE by D+M.

So my question is why I have to buy a very expensive gimmick if I can easily achive all this kind of effect with less money and with an impromptu method?

Please keep in mind that i am not trying to bashing neither Shane nor THE PANDORA SYSTEM.

Respect,
Mattia

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Pandora is an AMAZING system, it should be noted that you aren't limited to just the effect presented in the demo - Shane and the guys have come up with some WICKED other effects using the system!

This is going to sell out FAST. Each system is hand crafted by Shane and the DVD is over an hour and a half long going over EVERY nuance and subtlety!

Wait till you see this guys!

DC

A 100% impromptu signed card in sealed deck is BOXING M, a trick tought in D+M's THREE LECTURE NOTES

An impromptu brainwave/ invisible deck can be achived with THE ADVOCATE by D+M.

So my question is why I have to buy a very expensive gimmick if I can easily achive all this kind of effect with less money and with an impromptu method?

Please keep in mind that i am not trying to bashing neither Shane nor THE PANDORA SYSTEM.

Respect,
Mattia

Let me see if I can shed some light for you guys on what you get with the system.

I'll clarify what the Pandora System is first then I'll go over what it does. In the DVD which took me quite some time to shoot to get the hour and a half of edited footage that it contains goes over several effects in detail what the Pandora System allows you to do.

The system is hand crafted by myself from the highest grade materials and signed by me to assure the quality of each system. Each system takes an hour to make plus the cost of materials is higher you recieve multiple items in the box which is why the cost is the way it is but the price is relatively cheaper than its counter part products out there and in my opinion a better product due to it's practicality and workmanship. Why is this item made so prestigious and worth it?

In the DVD I credit over ten other artists that have used the card to sealed box plot but in my five years of using this system my system has never failed me in a performance. It's dependable and easy to set-up in a few minutes and is as practical as it gets. From my research and no offense to anyone elses effects the set-ups on some of the effects lack real world needs and I'm a worker in the field so I designed it to benefit me that way. I can walk around with the system set up for hours without worries of having indexed cards or knocking something over in my pocket jamming up my performance. I can perform all I want and on a minutes notice go right into using my system, this will not go on the back of your shelf.

The system is small, lightweight, out of the way and not crammed under an armpit, or any other scenario causing you to be uncomfortable throughout your performance. On top of that you will recieve an extra pocket for the sealed deck leaving you without any lost pocket space. Trust me when I tell you you won't even know your wearing it.

I setup for two of the performances in the back of a car in under 3 minutes for the sealed deck version.

This system is not for everyone its for the worker that wants a blow out effect to finish their show with. There ARE very few card tricks that will let you get to this level with your audience which is what makes the system such a powerful tool. A buddy of mine told me "I don't use gimmicks", and I responded "good it's not a gimmick it's a utility tool". Now he owns it and loves it and all he does is call me to tell me his ideas on different uses hes come up with for the system, the sky is your limit.

I debuted the system which took me five years to decide to release it by the way, but I debuted it at the Daytona Magic Convention a few weeks ago and the responses from guys like Harry Anderson, Kostya, Cameron Francis, Paul Richards, Kosmo, Chris Capehart just to name a few completley loved this system. I had kids at my dealers table for three days playing with the system and sold out of the demos.

Imagine walking up to a table and introducing yourself and someone at the table says their names Jimmy. You tell Jimmy to open the deck setting on the table and spread the cards, he does so and one card is face down, he turns it over and its a blank face card that says Jimmy. (Instant opener)

You ask someone to think of a word using your favorite impression device you make that word appear written on a card in the box, or perform a completley inspectable invisible, brainwave routine.

I have used the system for many effects not just the sealed plot. And a few notes I'm from Texas and we shot this in Ohio and I was freaking freezing my butt off shooting those performances.lol Those guys are wearing t-shirts and some were not wearing shirts at all. Crazy

If there's anything else I can answer for you feel free to ask guys and thank you for the support it drives my creativity.

Thanks,

Shane

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks Shane for clarifying and getting into some details. I hope this really puts you on the map. You deserve it and really put everything into our craft.

I can't wait to see people who have bought this start reviews. BTW...dude, it is not even cold yet in Ohio....ha ha. Wait until winter hits and it is below zero and a foot of snow. I guess you get used to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results