New Release: TRANSIT by Calen Morelli

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
There is something to be said about simple, organic magic. Magic that happens with ordinary objects, shown fairly. Transit is THAT kind of effect.

You hold a rubberband – it is normal. Let the spectators examine it if they wish. The rubberband is secured around your index finger by wrapping it around twice. As you shake your hand, the rubberband JUMPS from one finger to another – to another.

The routine ends with a shocking finale in which the rubberband appears on your OTHER hand – on your thumb. Let them examine the rubberband at the end. TRANSIT is a breakthrough effect by Calen Morelli – now available on DVD and instant download.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Not bad at all...I did notice some extra slieght of hand is needed...but I was looking for it.

Still a very nice effect and just may be one I add to my collection.

Sep 1, 2007
This kid is one of the best up and coming minds in magic, he's on a creative streak with his blog 365daysofmagic.tumblr.com

This is a great release and honestly the first time a rubberband trick fooled the heck out of me. Everyone should seriously consider purchasing this effect.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Calen's my homeboy. Will definitely support him on purchasing this effect later on tonight. Gotta transfer some money first. Excited to pick this up! All of you again should check out Calen's Blog http://www.365daysofmagic.tumblr.com . Every day for an entire year Calen is posting a new idea, trick, or effect that he's thought of or made improvements on. This kid is nuts. CHECK IT OUT NOW.

-Casey

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
getting a bit confused since he says it uses borrowed rubber bands.

TRANSIT requires some common household materials that should be easily available. An ample supply of these materials (rubberbands, etc) is included with the DVD.

Do you need some special kind of bands etc?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
getting a bit confused since he says it uses borrowed rubber bands.

TRANSIT requires some common household materials that should be easily available. An ample supply of these materials (rubberbands, etc) is included with the DVD.

Do you need some special kind of bands etc?

The rubberbands used in TRANSIT are completely normal and ungimmicked. Can't really expand on this much more without revealing the method.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Looks really cool.

So your saying it requires a gimmick?

J.

Correct. With either the DVD or Download version, you can make the gimmick in less than 15 seconds. The only difference between the two formats is that with the DVD, we provide the materials so you never have to leave the house or search for the right stuff.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
What happened to the combo DVD and download? I think I'm going to buy the dowload now and hope customer support can upgrade it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
What happened to the combo DVD and download? I think I'm going to buy the dowload now and hope customer support can upgrade it.

Sorry about that - we meant to include this option. It has just been added to the page at $19.95 for the DVD + Download. If you ordered already, have no fear - just contact our support crew and they'll make sure you're taken care of ASAP.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Well i bought the download... I clicked it, went off to find a credit card, bought it then i checked to see the combo available. Whoops on my part.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
lol my girlfriends reaction to the full trailer was... .."Meh"

hahah I thought it was funny. Looks great though!

This plays very strong in person - it's a bit different experience than watching online as the spectator gets to feel, touch, examine that rubberband immediately before and after the effect. That adds a realism and intimacy that can be difficult to feel on video. Regardless, glad you dig it!

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
I went out and bought the materials needed... I did not find exactly what's needed but close enough. Damn walmart. Will try it out today!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
debating wether or not i want to buy this...by watching it once im 95% sure how it is done...decisions

Whatever you think it is, it likely isn't. This is an effect that is SO far outside the box that the method is just as fun and creative as the effect. Out of many experienced pro's we have shown this to in the past few weeks, none have correctly guessed the method. It's super deceptive even from a few inches away.

Jun 10, 2010
Whatever you think it is, it likely isn't. This is an effect that is so far outside the box that the method is just as fun and creative as the effect. Out of many experienced professionals we have shown this to over the past few weeks, none have correctly guessed the method. It's super deceptive even from a few inches away.

JB, I just want you to know I find this release highly unethical. To pay a ninja to do magic tricks on the interwebz should be illegal.

That being said, does the effect involve a bottle of mustard, a mop, and a pair of chopsticks?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results