New Sandwich Effect

Jul 9, 2012
Hey everyone!

I have a simple, clean, interesting, smooth, and easy new effect to sandwich a card.

It's pretty simple really I just wanted what you guys want to think.
Basically you show two jokers and place them in the middle of the deck. Spread the deck and show the two jokers together without anything in them. (literally) Square up the deck and spread the deck once again and there is now one card in between.

That one card can be any prediction or whatever. The uses with the effect is limitless just use your imagination. You can do even more than one card, but you just need more skill. ;)

I was thinking about putting this on the wire I think for free depending how good the reviews or whatever are.
A video should be up soon I hope.
Although I dont know if its up yet by the time you are reading this.
I just want you guys to lmk how the idea sound so far

Jul 9, 2012
Sounds very similar to Alex Pandrea's effect Prisoners.
Actually its not i saw what that trick was and how it looks like. This is just an effect that i want people to use to make their own card trick. really you just put the jokers together in the middle of the deck and show no cards between them then just square it up and then there is a card between them. Its simple really. For sure i didnt get the idea from alex nor stole it from him.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The tough part about sandwich effects is that there are a TON available on the market. It doesn't mean that yours isn't unique or needed in the magic community it just means that it is really tough to be new and original with this plot. Your video looks good and if your method is completely unique I could see this doing just fine on the WIRE. To help make sure it gets accepted I might try to figure out how I could apply this principle to a different type of trick. Could you make this a collectors routine? Could you reverse a card using the same principle? Could you make the sandwich more visual? Could it happen in the spectators hand?

When submitting to the WIRE the biggest reason people get rejected is because their effect might be lacking in originality to some extent. So, in order to make sure it is accepted make sure it is as unique as possible.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What Josh said about originality is definitely a key factor in getting your effect published on The Wire. As it is right now, the method you are using has already been published before. As a standalone sandwich effect, I don't think it would be approved for originality reasons. Like Josh mentioned above, if you can add onto that and make it a collectors, reverse a card, etc, you would have more to offer than just a sandwich effect and have a better chance of it getting published.

Jul 9, 2012
The tough part about sandwich effects is that there are a TON available on the market. It doesn't mean that yours isn't unique or needed in the magic community it just means that it is really tough to be new and original with this plot. Your video looks good and if your method is completely unique I could see this doing just fine on the WIRE. To help make sure it gets accepted I might try to figure out how I could apply this principle to a different type of trick. Could you make this a collectors routine? Could you reverse a card using the same principle? Could you make the sandwich more visual? Could it happen in the spectators hand?

When submitting to the WIRE the biggest reason people get rejected is because their effect might be lacking in originality to some extent. So, in order to make sure it is accepted make sure it is as unique as possible.
Thanks for some ideas! Yeah ill work on it thanks. I have been gone from magic a while so I need a refresher what is a collectors routine? I got a way where it could look more visual where the card slowly appears between the cards and yes it could happen in the spectators hand the final spread anyway like when you show the first time then square it up do magic on the spectators hand and it makes it look more powerful. I have another idea already as well but that needs work haha

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
A collectors routine is a sandwich routine where a 4 of a kind finds 3 selections. I'm stoked to see what you come up with!

Jul 9, 2012
A collectors routine is a sandwich routine where a 4 of a kind finds 3 selections. I'm stoked to see what you come up with!
ohh ok thanks i will work on it try and figure some things out. Its going to be sort of difficult with the way you actually do this, but I do have another trick im working on im going to call Warp: Spectator selecta any card lost into the deck being cut or shuffled several times and i dribble the cards and or riffle down the side and i will always 100% at the spectators selection. No matter what :) gotta fix the bugs and tweak a bit haha thanks for helping im going to subscribe to your channel :) Hopefully a tricks get in soon ive done so much submissions already lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results