New to Bottom Dealing (Jason England Foundations)

Dec 2, 2016
Dear All,

This is my first time posting in this forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been playing around with cards on and off for many years and I am recently back into it after about a break of two years. I bought Jason England's Foundations a couple of years back and recently started watching again the other night and was pleasantly surprised to find that an updated version of the bottom deal was added to the original download I bought. I am brand new to the bottom deal and I have been practicing it in the 2nd modified Erdnase grip and will work my way through all the grips.

However, there is one element that I always find myself getting confused with. Should the top card be pushed over first and then the bottom card buckled and then withdrawn? Or should the top card be pushed over at the same time that the card is buckled at the bottom of the deck? If anyone could some advice I would be very grateful. I hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards

Tim

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hey Tim,

I am not the most adept at the move. However I have been doing the move on and off going on 5 years now. I can only offer you the same advice given by Jason England seeing that is the source I used as well. Experiment A LOT!! This is not an easy move it will take years before you get it to look smooth. Like Jason says in the video..... It is one thing to fool a laymen from time to time with the move however if you are looking to master the Bottom Deal is a whole different story. When I do the bottom deal I tend to buck and push over the top card relatively at the same time. Look at as many sources as possible and don't ignore Erdnase The Expert at the Card Table!! Hope this helps. :)

Here is my bottom deal at the moment. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnPJARolimW/?taken-by=zudeck50

Dec 2, 2016
Hey Tim,

I am not the most adept at the move. However I have been doing the move on and off going on 5 years now. I can only offer you the same advice given by Jason England seeing that is the source I used as well. Experiment A LOT!! This is not an easy move it will take years before you get it to look smooth. Like Jason says in the video..... It is one thing to fool a laymen from time to time with the move however if you are looking to master the Bottom Deal is a whole different story. When I do the bottom deal I tend to buck and push over the top card relatively at the same time. Look at as many sources as possible and don't ignore Erdnase The Expert at the Card Table!! Hope this helps. :)

Here is my bottom deal at the moment. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnPJARolimW/?taken-by=zudeck50

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the detailed response.

This is some really helpful advice. I will keep experimenting and check out lots of sources.

Thanks again and you are right it's a damn tough move :)

All the best

Tim

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results