New to cardistry

Sep 1, 2007
California
I suggest Xtreme Begginerz, tought by DE"VO

But you said you are not a complete beginner, You might get The Trilogy,

ALL 3 DISCS

in the everythingelse dvd they have the 20 classic flourishes that might help you.

ps. The Trilogy is AWESOME:D

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Actually, doing magic for 6 months do make you a beginner, no matter how good you do in sleights and tricks. What makes you a not a beginner magician is experience.
Anyways, it also doesn't matter if you have been doing magic for 20 years, cardistry is different and it is a real and long difficult path.

You can start out with anything you want, but most people(including me) recommends you to get XB first. It is great to start out with the basics and it helps you learn other and more advanced flourishes easier later on.

For me, I've been doing this for about 2-3 months, and I started with DnD's dvds. I can say it is really difficult and I can barely do like 5 of their flourishes and I mean barely.

So good luck!

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Please use the "Search" feature in the future, this question has been answered before. :)

Start with Xtreme Beginnerz, then learn and become at least pretty good at everything on here that you want to learn, then buy either:

The System OR The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes (http://www.flourishman.com)

The System contains more multiple two-handed cuts. But the Encyclopedia contains a TON of moves, pages and pages and pages, go on his site (flourishman.com) and check out the content list, it's HUGE! The teaching on the Encyclopedia is also VERY good.

Then, after you choose one of the above and learn plenty from it, get the one that you didn't choose. After

By the way, you can get Xtreme Beginnerz at either http://www.xtremehandz.com (this website is located in the USA) or http://www.handlordz.de (this site is located in Germany).

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I totally agree.. I've been doing XCM for about 6 months and I still can't fan for crap.... or flash cut... or pretty much anything... lol

Usually around 6 months of doing this, you get to be decent... you may have been slacking off a lot... I'm actually improving a lot now, I can't wait for 3 more months for my results.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
you have to make a choice of what you want to do

ive been doing MAGIC for a year orso now...which compared to many isnt long, but ive been performing 24/7

ive always been fasinated with flourishes, and have been trying to learn for the past 6 months orso
key word trying...

i simply dont have the patience to practise one move hours on end for months on end

if your very determined, and have a ****e load of free time
then try flourishing

bu be in for a rude awakening as 1 year later you might still be awful lol

Magic Sleights take far more practice to get perfect because they have to be invisible. I have only been flourishing 6 Months, so I my skill may not impress many people here, but laypeople are impressed none-the-less. The moves only take a while at the beginning, once you get used to holding cards strangly your hands get accustomed to new things really fast.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results