New to the forums

May 20, 2008
England
Hi everyone

I am new to the forums and I just wanted to introduce my self. I am kinda new to magic/flourishing. Though not a complete beginner. I can do a couple of basic tricks and sleights, e.g herman shift, spin doctor double, tres pass, ginastaire double( due to the fact thats that only thing I pratice) ...stuff like that. Though I have only purchased one magical journel, SM.

I just bought SM to get an idea of Dan and Daves style and card magic, I liked it so I am contuining to further my magic/flourishing.

Below is a list of products I'm thinking of buying to further my magic and learn new things. Please could you guys just comment and offer advice on my choices as it would be helpful indeed.

Believe - Joel Paschall
NR 2&3 - Dan and Dave
Three - DM
ThreeFry 1on1
Molecule cut 1on1
Akira 1on1
4for4 1on1
HSS 1on1
Commercial 1on1..

Thats about it for now....

H.

Hello welcome to the forums. Wow you can do the Ginster Double thats impressive. Ive been doing magic and cardistry for about 2 years and I cant do that. Manly becouse I thought it was way to hard so I didnt bother practicing it. But I recomend instead of getting all those 1on1s get The Trilogy by Dan and Dave Buck or Totally Out Of Control by Chris Kenner. They both have some wicked routines and concepts. The Trilogy has so many things on it. For a beginer it has the Flourishes 101 witch is really good as well as some harder more hardcore flourishes in the second disc.

JDEN

First of all, welcome!

You'll love it here!

I reccomend:

4 for 4 - learn it, love it
believe - is awesome, but you need to practice it HEAPS in front of a friend
three - is also awesome, but quite advanced

if I were you I'd get Card Fundamentals 1 and 2. You'll know all the sleight stuff, but what you learn from Mr. Fisher theory-wise is invaluble.

I also reccomend picking up 5-Speed. It's like a nut punch to spectators, super cool.

Again, welcome!

May 20, 2008
England
I still think the trilogy is not up to my level, I would like to buy the trilogy when I can make full use of it and really learn from it. I thought by getting a couple of 1on1 and pdfs I can pratice them and just get a couple of the basics down and concepts...Thanks anyway for you advice I will consider buying TOC by Chris Kenner

H.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'm going to be honest with you here- don't start with anything from this site. Start with a good book, like Royal Road to Card Magic (check out my review for it), or Card College 1-5. These will give you an extremely good base in card magic. I also have a review for Believe if you'd like to check it out. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results