New trick

Sep 11, 2007
Hello and i love the site and the THEORY!! i would like to say i have alot of very cool homemade tricks and i want to know how would i go about selling them to fellow magicians?Or even giving the secret to be view and corrected like OPEN MAGIC.

Sep 2, 2007
Hello and i love the site and the THEORY!! i would like to say i have alot of very cool homemade tricks and i want to know how would i go about selling them to fellow magicians?Or even giving the secret to be view and corrected like OPEN MAGIC.

You can start going "about selling them to fellow magicians" by submitting your trick(s) here: http://www.theory11.com/submit_a_trick.php. And if Theory 11 like your tricks, it will let you know.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
I wonder what the magicians of old would have to say about all these people being so very, very keen to sell the secrets of their art...

Sep 1, 2007
I wonder what the magicians of old would have to say about all these people being so very, very keen to sell the secrets of their art...

Theres nothing wrong with that, I'm all for pushing the art forward and coming up with new ideas.

Sep 1, 2007
And I'm all for learning from seasoned, professional magicians who have been out there performing well enough, long enough to gain a great reputation as a performer. I'm interested in what that person has to say.

Sep 1, 2007
Is this all that everyone cares about anymore? Selling effects? Personally the only way I would ever consider purchasing something is if I knew for a fact it has been performed for real audiences for atleast 3 years at a minimum. And I don't mean friends and family, I mean perfect strangers in the real world.

Can you honestly say you have using this effect for this long with complete success and you can't make the effect any better than what it already is? If you can't then you shouldn't be trying to market it. Secondly, if you are so eager to market it, apparently it isn't very important to you, so what's makes you think it will be for anyone else?...I don't mean to sound rude by any means, but think about it..Would you want to spend you hard earned money on it?

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah I don't think too many would like the way it is at the moment with everyone trying to get there effects out asap... even at the cost of them not being truly developed, tested and refined

Of course that's not to say that some of them have been fully worked on or some contain a revolutionary method/principle, but I think that instead of trying to sell your material already you should enjoy using it yourself and if you want to share then do so with those you trust etc.

If your effect is really good then you could submit it and see what happens, or maybe send out the method/workings to some (not just anybody but those who are known in the magic community or those you consider mates etc) and see what they think and if they can offer any advice/improvements.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results