New Year's Resolution

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
So what are your New Year's resolutions for 2016? Mine are related to putting the finishing touches on routines and effects I've been working on:

1. Master the performance pieces that I've been working on for the Linking Rings, Cups & Balls, Miser's Dream, Accomodating Tea Pot and Needle Swallowing.

2. Master So Sato's Bushfire Triumph, Bannon's Six.Impossible.Things, Houchin's Invisible Palm, Dani DaOrtiz's Marked Deck Routine from the first EMC and Gustaferro's Truth in Advertising.

3. Study various classic effects and their variations: Oil and Water (including Tamariz and Lavand), Travellers (including Jennings), Wildcard (including Frank Garcia) and Out of This World.

4. Read 13 books (including Giobbi's Secret Agenda).

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Ever since I entered into magic I continually "renew", if you will, my new year's resolution of striving to become a better magician. I will only add to that this year by trying to perform more and more than ever before. I bought a number of products from Theory 11 this holiday season so I will be putting those into practice once they all arrive and incorporate those into the repertoire of tricks that I have been doing since I started magic 4 or 5 years ago.

Jul 14, 2016
im gonna push myself to get out there and perform more than ever before, and to perfect my main effects even more. Also I'm expanding my magic more away from just cards and using other objects such as rings and money.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
im gonna push myself to get out there and perform more than ever before, and to perfect my main effects even more. Also I'm expanding my magic more away from just cards and using other objects such as rings and money.
Always have a specific goal. You want to perform more so make a specific goal such as perform 3 times a day to people. Then you will be able to meet your resolution. Many people make broad resolutions and then question if they met or exceeded them because they did not have a specific goal.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Good lord! This year has been a dumpster fire of a year for me. Next year looks like a very minimalistic year in terms of acquisition of new magic products and things and stuff because we are shooting for a house in 2018...but need to repair credit throughout ALL of 2017 to do it. Which means my magic budget is virtually non-existent. However, I do have things I can work on.

- I have Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic & Close-Up Magic. Despite the fact that I have established real estate in 'Rookie Town', I have these two DVDs and I'm going to spend next year trying to do A FEW of the tricks between the two DVDs. Because I think it's going to take all year to get some of them down. I've talked with Xavier Spade about 'Raise Rise' (who, by the way, has the CLEANEST and FASTEST 'Raise Rise' out there) and has told me to 'have fun spending the next couple years getting 'Raise Rise' down. So, I guess a year of good practice will get me halfway there.

- I also have a few books, and I need to delve into those more. Especially if they are going to be my only resource for magic this year. I want to get good at ring magic in the future, but A LOT of what you use in ring magic is also used in coin magic. I have Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Let's do this!

- I want to perform for kids and elderly a lot more this year. The elderly is a whole different ballgame from what I've been doing with kids, but it's a worthwhile things--especially since all of what I want to do is volunteer-basis magic.

- Get my 'Triplicate Fan' cardistry tutorial in the Marketplace in January. I meant to get it there in December, but too much was going on for me to finish the tutorial. And I didn't want to push a rushed product. I figure a good month is ample enough time to get it out there comfortably.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Despite the fact that I have established real estate in 'Rookie Town'

That's pretty funny Brett. I'm thinking of moving back to Rookie Town myself, we can be neighbors.... No, but for real ,I was doing a little research into Ray Kosby's DVD, It's definitely on my 'to get' list..I definitely need to up my game and I am willing to put in the work to get a decent Raise Rise.... I mean a good ACR is one thing but what this guy does redefines the Ambitious Card Routine.

P.S. I am looking to sell my Dan & Dave Close Up Surface. The Lowest I'll go is $270;)

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
That's pretty funny Brett. I'm thinking of moving back to Rookie Town myself, we can be neighbors.... No, but for real ,I was doing a little research into Ray Kosby's DVD, It's definitely on my 'to get' list..I definitely need to up my game and I am willing to put in the work to get a decent Raise Rise.... I mean a good ACR is one thing but what this guy does redefines the Ambitious Card Routine.

The term you're looking for is 'Ambitious Riser'. And get ready for a crash course in it.

You're a move monkey, so you'd definitely appreciate the entirety of Impossible Card Magic.

There's 12 demonstrations on the DVD (10 of them have video demonstrations. The other 2 Are PDF files).

I'd say a little over half works on how you do videos. There's a few that work only with an audience. You'll get your fill of Ambitious Riser. He has a neat Oil &a Water routine. A crazy Sandwich effect. And a couple that actually use the card box.

The only issue with it is, while Ray does teach you every nuance in the instructional bits, he makes everything look easy. I mean, he should. It's HIS material that he has mastered. But it looks deceptively easy. To the point to where pull be practicing it and wonder 'what am I doing wrong!?'

It's not you. Heaterial is just that tricky.

The easiest ones are the two that use the card box.
The hardest ines are the ines that use Ambitious Riser...as well as one of them in the PDF files (I can't remember the name of it).

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results