Nice way of saying no?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trebmalrolyat, Sep 5, 2007.

1. well,, today i was performing some effects,, then i did V1 stigmata, and everone was like do it again, making the force VERY difficult, is there any good method to move on to another trick even if they ask you to perform the same effect,...

2. Say "Let me tell u what, ill try something diffrent" then do an impromptu trick like Kaos or just do Stigmata version2 !?, thats what i do.

3. I usually say "Ah! But a magician never does a trick twice!"

4. Tell them you will show them something better, and move on. They will not remember.

Trust me.

Keenan

5. why not try the classic line "once is a show, twice is a lesson... and i charge extra for lessons."

6. Nice. I haven't heard that one before... I'll definitely use it. What if they're willing to pay?

-Matt

7. then just say donations are at the end of the show haha

8. How about...

"No you inconsiderate jerk of a spectator! I just performed an incredible piece of mysticism for you, and you have the NERVE to ask ME to do it again??? Why don't you just crawl back under your rock you ungrateful little piece of trash!!"

That should do the trick (no pun intended though...LOL!)

On second thought...well, that might get you punched in the face. But if anyone says it, pull out your cellphone and get it on video and send it to me...pretty please?? :D

9. Ahaaa, wow, that would be priceless.

I just say no, I never perform twice and then move onto something different.

10. Haha I love that sense of humor.

11. heres what i do...

spec: wow that was crazy......do it again!
    me: well about you check this one out and tell me what you think!
    insert favorite impromptu effect...
    spec: wooooow that was amazing

there ya go!

12. I love it!! I'll make sure to use it next time.

Thanks alot,
    Tim

13. Haha nice line c3rb3rus, When someone asks me to do an effect again I just sorta change the subject by just moving onto a different trick saying I have more to do or something. And if near the end I still feel like it I'll ask again if you want to see it and if they say yeah then I do it again....Not that difficult.

-RA69

14. Something that always works is this:

"If you thought that was amazing, wait until you see this."

Works for me.

15. I usually just change the subject, but I am going with c3r3brus' line from now on hahaha.

16. well first off you have to remember that you are the magician and are in charge. let your audience know that. be authoratative and demand respect for your decision to go onto another trick. thats how i roll ;)

17. Just remember to not be too authoritative, or over the top.

18. I tend to say no and keep going like nothing happened. They'll usually laugh cuz;' they think yer kidding.

19. I like to stipulate how much I'm going to do before I begin. I think it adds a level of importance to my magic, and doesn't make it seem like I'm on demand. And it means I don't have to bother with these kinds of questions.

"Ok, I'll show you one thing. You want to see something? Ok here it is."

To that effect.

Ty

20. Magicians code.
    Never repeat a trick.
    Even if they dont catch the force. They might catch... Errm.. Other things.
    So just politely ignore/say no
    And move on to some thing even more amazing.
    ~Jordan