//NURSERY RHYMES VOL. 1 - Part 1 of 6//

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
DAN AND DAVE BUCK PDF PACKAGE REVIEW
PART 1 OF 6

Hey everyone. I recently purchases the Dan and Dave PDF Package available at store.dananddave.com. It contains a treasure trove of knowledge, and features 6 PDFs, 48 tricks, almost 200 pages, and includes authors like Syd Segal, JC Wagner, the Bucks themselves, Chris Kenner, Henok Negash, TG Murphy and so many more acclaimed magicians. For any of you who wish to get the Trilogy, I recommend this instead. The Trilogy is nice for the visual explanation, but everything is very well explained and easy to obtain.

I'm starting with Nursery Rhymes Volume 1, which the Bucks put out while they were still in high school. Talk about ambition. In any case, it's a great deal, and to my knowledge is only available through this combo deal.

//NURSERY RHYMES VOL 1 - BUCK TWINS//

BLACKJACK PRODUCTION
Effect: From a cut and shuffled deck, four hands of matched blackjack materialize suddenly.
Review: Sadly this was not explained that well. I got so far and then got lost. The illustrations were clear but confusing. I don't know about this one. I'd like to do it offbeat, but the Bucks have many cooler ace productions in later NR volumes, so don't worry.

COLLECTORS
Effect: The four aces sandwich some selected cards.
Review: Very flashy and cool. This can be used to sandwich three or two cards. I prefer the two card version for its simplicity and visual aspect. It's grand and I hope to perform it in any two-spectator situation.

FERRARI 360 SPIDER
Effect: FLOURISH/ Cards spin in multiple Revolution cuts and Murphy deck flips.
Review: Surprisingly, this is easy if you can do both flourishes mentioned above. It's fast, visual, and simple. The only hard part is getting it up to speed, but it's relatively easy to do. A fun one if you're into cardistry/XCM.

SECOND DEAL PRODUCTION
Effect: You deal a bad strike second, but then the aces appear!
Review: I like this one. An unusual ace production, and a magician fooler. For laypeople, it's best to do it on smartalecks, that way they never know what hit them. You might want to make the deal obvious for maximum effect, but it's a great offbeat production.

MOLECULE 2
Effect: FLOURISH/ A false cut and false cut/production.
Review: This is again surprisingly easy to do. This has become one of my favorite false cuts. It's flashy, simple, and very oh so flourishy. Basically you divide the deck in three, strip one out and the last one does a 360 revolution. This can be modified into an unworldly production. This has evaded me, but the technique is easy enough and with enough practice, it will come.

So there's the review. 7/10. It's small but mighty. The later NR volumes develop on these ideas, introduce new ones, and have more content, but this is still an outrageously cool volume. Released in 2001 and made famous by the evil/eviler Buck Twins. Highly recommended. Great deal.

Ian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results