Off-Topic Section

Sep 1, 2007
Uhm.. Suggested by a lot of people. An off-topic section on the forums. Just a suggestion..

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I second this. It helps people feel like their in a community, and helps clean up these parts of the forums a bit.

Also and Introduction forum would be great.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Yah, an Introduction section would be good.

I wouldn't say that the Off-Topic stuff is junk.. just.. less important :D And somewhere to go when you need a break from everything else and just chill and talk about whatever with everyone.

Anyways, I hope Mr. Jonraiker takes this into consideration.

Spencer.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I'll agree to that, makes for less confusion when looking around in the general and finding stuff completely unrelated.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't like the suggestion of an off-topic forum.

I think it would get extremely cluttered very very fast, and be way too hard to moderate and control, then things would get out of hand and it would have mod's working round the clock running ragged because someone has the F word copied to his clipboard and spamming away.

It would have to be closely moderated, because a lot of people would abuse the forum, and not see it as how you think they would.

So, no, I don't think we should, I think we should have something similar, but very organized, or it'll come crashing down.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007

I think it would get extremely cluttered very very fast, and be way too hard to moderate and control, then things would get out of hand and it would have mod's working round the clock running ragged because someone has the F word copied to his clipboard and spamming away.

It would have to be closely moderated, because a lot of people would abuse the forum, and not see it as how you think they would.

So, no, I don't think we should, I think we should have something similar, but very organized, or it'll come crashing down.

~Beans

Well if you think about it, they can choose more moderators and maybe assign some just to the Off-Topic section if needed. Plus, the only thing I can see being a problem in that one is maybe language, if that. I think a lot of us here are mature enough to know our limits but we do get a bit crazy sometimes. We need a place to have fun, and the only thing getting cluttered is the general board that were on right now where half the sutff on here should be on an Off-Topis section. Then, more people would see the more magic related threads rather than the random threads. If you need more reasons i'm sure I, and the people who second my opinon, could give you many more.

Spencer.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada

~Beans

I don't see how everything you mentioned couldn't happen in the regular forums any ways. How are those concerns specific to an off topic forum?

It doesn't really matter. The General Magic forum is basically an Off Topic forum; if you go off topic or even make an off topic thread, no one stops you. Other subforums are also littered with posts that belong in other sections. This place is a zoo.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't see how everything you mentioned couldn't happen in the regular forums any ways. How are those concerns specific to an off topic forum?

if something isn't magic related, it's usually deleted quickly, so you can basically judge by reading the title or whatnot, on an off topic forum the mods would have to literally read each thread and decide if it's appropriate or not.

I'm not saying it would be bad but it would be very difficult to keep a firm grip on, if they're aren't really any boundaries people can go out of control.

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results