OFFICIAL: What do you guys think? Voice your opinion.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey guys,

Well, it's been almost 24 hours since we launched -- and we want to know what you guys think! I mean, we sorta already have an idea [;)], but this is where we gather all of your opinions, thoughts, questions, comments, and concerns into one meaningful thread.

We will be reading this, so express yourselves. Good or bad, positive or negative, just make sure it's constructive and insightful. Can't wait to hear from you all.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One word, Amazing. the ammount of time spent on this site in my opinion was well worth it and the wait was worth it as well.

I really liked the little adventure with all the different links and what not. I can't wait to see some of your up-comming products, I am quite excited.

One thing I would like a bit more is if you added a bit more forums to post on.

Sep 1, 2007
I think its a bit early to really give you any good feedback. I can say that the hype was a bit much though. The only thing that really caught my eye on the site were the guardians. Beautiful deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys I wanted to tell you that you are my favorite my favorite magic site there is. I like you better then both Penguin and Ellusionist. No maybe your not nearly as big as those two but to me your the most down to eartch group of magicians. Your not like Brad or the other weird groups. I also like your tricks, and 1 deck better then every other type ther eis. To make it short so far I love this place. Here are the reasons:
  1. Good Group of Magicians
  2. Favorite Magicians
  3. Awesome Tricks
  4. Cool Decks
  5. Nice Site
  6. Good Ideas
  7. Plain Amazing!

Hope it helps,
JayM

Sep 1, 2007
Wisconsin
I really like the site and am very impressed and how visually attractive it is. The quality of the site is great and I feel very welcome her at the forums and haven't seen any fighting or anything going on here. I am really looking forward to purchasing effects from here. I know the quality of the products are going to be top notch. I think everything is very organized.

The only thing that might be confusing is the videos. not the demo videos but the other magic videos. but that could be because its set up differently than most sites. I think I might just have to get use to that though.

Thanks you Theory 11 I believe the magic Community has really needed a site like this. It was well worth that wait and I cant wait to see whats next to come.

-Tim Olsen

great community, everyone here is great and helpful, love the look and feel of the site and the products look amazing, I'm seriously considering getting some guardians, Theoryy 11 met it's expectations at least in my book, great job ;)

Aug 31, 2007
One word, Amazing. the ammount of time spent on this site in my opinion was well worth it and the wait was worth it as well.

I really liked the little adventure with all the different links and what not. I can't wait to see some of your up-comming products, I am quite excited.

One thing I would like a bit more is if you added a bit more forums to post on.
Agreed. Looks like the theory 11 team put a lot of effort into making this successful and the site is absolutely phenomenal. Just one question about the effects going to be sold here. Will they be only from magicians that are part of theory 11?

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
First impression:

You launched with very little trouble and everything on the site looks sharp. The effects you have for sale look great, although a few look like retreads on HD DVD quality instead of being read from a manuscript. It's chaos here but I expect that in the first week or so. I am more interested in how you handle these forums over the long term. I am not interested in another Magic Cafe slug fest, the l33t speak, but rather just have some mature conversation like sitting across the table from another person or group of people talking about magic. How do you plan on dealing with exposure, sleight discussions, fundamentals of magic, etc (i.e. what is allowed...).

I think you guys are off to a great start in all honesty. I am curious to see what you have lined up after the honeymoon is over. The on-on-one is of particular interest and how you plan to handle that (in detail).

--Jim

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
i love absolutley everything!....i only wish that the deck was UV500 finish, and that you guys had like a t-shirt or something.....well thats it...o yeah and wish that i could have gotten 1 of my guardians autographed....

-BRad

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
The site itself is beautiful, practical, and just... feels right. It's only been up for a week yet I already feel a great sense of community, and hope to see that keep up. The effects are good, the deck looks great (I'll have to get one eventually), and I'm glad you stuck true to your statement about quality over quantity. The most amazing part of Theory11, to me, is the amount of thought and effort that has been put into it. Cheers to you guys for a job well done, and I'm sure it will only improve from here. Thanks for the great chance to further our magic! Keep up the amazing work, you rock!

Peace

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Ah well ok... I'll take the role of the playerhater then.

To be honest, it looked, feeled and tasted like E from the very beginning. While this is not a bad thing I still wait for something "unique" that lives up to the hype.
To clearify what I mean...

Nice Effects, yet I wait for DVD's with more then just 1 effect.
Awesome Artists, yet all I saw were trailer of them saying something is comming.
Right now while I type this, you really are a second Ellusionist. A copy.

Guys... I really really hope you can live up to the hype you built.
Because if so... boy .. Then great things will come from this site.

Got high hopes in you guys. Don't dissapoint me please.

Sep 1, 2007
I like the site a lot. I think it has a long way to go to be a big competitor in the magic buisness, but for a site that's been up for only 1 day I think it's fantastic.

Aug 31, 2007
So far so good. Excellent communication (but it's only been the first day). The supporters in the community like to know what's going on. Keep up the communication and I'm sure this site will rise to the top.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have a concern. I don't wan't Decknique to close. I don't know who's decision this was, Theory11's or Richard's, and that doesn't really matter, what matters to me is that Decknique does not close. It is important to me, and about 48 others so far, that Decknique stays alive. It is a great place for manipulators to talk about manipulation, and a great place to be. I'm all for a media section and a Flourishing/Cardistry forum here, but I don't want Decknique to close as a result. :(

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
I think this is a great site, Should fit in nicely. By the look of things you guys are putting out some new effects, which will be good for your business. Another GOOD magic site was needed, to create that competitive edge with our magical online super-power of sorts, E.

The site is great and the forums are shaping up well, I really like what you guys have done around here, and I wish you all the best in your investment!

:D

keep up the magical atmosphere!

- Jared.

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
I'm really digging this site so far. Just having opened for only 24 hours has in my opinion you've shown alot more cajones then some of the other online magic stores. Though I do need a promise not be another E or Penguin. I don't want tricks that are so overhyped and find out this is absolutely worthless. Don't give me fancy editing that only shows the end result of a trick give me the whole friggin trick! And don't edit something to make the trick look better then it actually is. From the looks of it the three tricks you have up have met that criteria. Keep it up and I can this being THEE magic community.

Having spent most of yesterday here I must say it's a refreshing experience to have such a laid back place to enjoy magic. Magic is about fun, and when I visit T11 thats the sense of feeling I get. I've actually been inspired to get into magic again (I've been heavily Flourishing skewed lately). As for the community, it is new but so far it seems to be made of some good people, of course T11 is new and not everyone understands the ideology (which is what I feel sets this site apart from the competition) but I hope through time the community will strengthen as those that understand and wish to help this community stay and make this place great :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results