Oil and Water

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
i have just been looking into this trick and i love the idea behind it

does anyone know were i can find some good material on this trick

thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
Paul Cummins also has an interesting take on the Oil and Water plot in his FASDIU lecture notes...which are jam packed full of excellent card material.

Nov 9, 2007
Phil Goldstein has some routines worth doing in his book from I think 1977 called Scattershot.Only a very small booklet,but some ace stuff in it.

Erik

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Sweden
www.virtualerik.com
I use Guy Hollingworth's routine from Drawing Room Deceptions, and occasionally Hiro Sakai's "Color Sunder" from the October 2006 issue of Genii Magazine.
I think both these routines are brilliant in both construction and effect.

-Erik

Aug 31, 2007
If any of you have the Talk About Tricks DVD set by Joshua Jay, the very first trick in the first DVD is a neat Oil and Water Sequence. The second phase is especially startling. (It's an Ed Marlo idea.)

- harapan. magic!

I bought a big orange book from barnes and nobles for 5.95 and his has oil and water, more oil and water, and slick oil and water, slicker oil and water, and last but not least water and oil. has like 100+ tricks in it.

Nov 8, 2007
I don't know if you guys heard about Aldo Columbini. He does oil and water with 8 cards (9 cards for real)... I wonder if you guys heard of it. I use his routine and add a little variation to it. Fun...

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
There is a simple (Read: strong) OnW on Jim Pace's Vis-u-antics DVD that I use and it kills.

I am not much for gaffed OnW effects but This One is really worth looking into. It is little known so if you perform it, you'll prolly be the only one.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Simon Lovell's Oil and Water routine's pretty good. It's on one of his "The Madness Behind the Methods" DVDs, which are worth picking up anyway, if only for the novelty value of a good Magic Makers product.

Sep 15, 2007
I do a version that was taught to me by Allan Ackerman. I do not know if he has published it yet.
It was based on several other routines...one of which is in Ibidem 17 or 24.

Rafael Benetar has several different versions that are worth a look on his Cups and Ball DVD. Very good.

Oily Snobs is another version of the plot by Simon Lovell which uses only 8 cards.

I also enjoyed working on the one by Rene Levand.
Larry Jennings also has one on Video and in his book Up in Smoke.
The plot is all over magic literature and on Video.
Explore and have fun. My criteria for it is simple.
The cards need to be clearly shown to have mixed before they unmix.
The spectators can help in the mixing.
The cards can unmix without you touching them.

Enjoy,
Snorri

Sep 1, 2007
If any of you have the Talk About Tricks DVD set by Joshua Jay, the very first trick in the first DVD is a neat Oil and Water Sequence. The second phase is especially startling. (It's an Ed Marlo idea.)

- harapan. magic!

I'll second what harapan said. Its brillant!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results