OIL AND WATER

T

The Amazing Vuong

Hello, can anyone give me ideas or videos showing good tutorials for oil and water? I already have a good routine, but I am interested in more obscure or more visual oil and water techniques. Thank you in advance!!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
We don't permit the posting of links to tutorials on the forums. Most people "teaching" tutorials are not that good (i.e. they only perform for a camera filming their hands) and most of the material taught isn't theirs to teach (i.e. they are exposing somebody else's magic).

A bit of history... the original titled version was published by Ed Marlo in M-U-M and an expanded version in his lecture notes titled the Cardicianin 1952. There were a lot of prior effects with similar plots. Some notable subsequent versions include Roy Walton's Oil and Queens where the cards change to Queens at the end and the "Technicolor" versions by Marlo, Bill Miesel and Karl Fulves. Rene Lavand's one handed version is legendary based on his phrase "I can't do it any slower."

Some good suggestions:

Tamariz's The Magic Way explores the theme in depth with multiple routines
Ascanio's Studies of Card Magic has several versions
Guy Hollingworth's Drawing Room Deceptions has a great routine
Rene Lavand's Mysteries of My Life has his one handed routine
The World's Greatest Magic - Oil and Water DVD / Download has a lot of great versions on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results