Nov 16, 2017
California
I've searched but haven't found if there are any recent decks that feature the old style spade court cards. In the 50s and 60s the J,Q and K of spades were one way faces. Hugard mentions this in Encyclopedia of Card Tricks, p.18.

Anyone know if there are any decks available with such?

Nov 16, 2017
California
Where does it sayet that all of the spades were one way? In pictures of Ed Marlo, and Dai Vernon all the cards look the same as they do now.

When I want an online looking deck of cards I go here.

http://www.homerungames.com/store/playing-cards.html

They perfectly restore decks from the past. I'm not seeing any cards that fit you description.

The faces of the old style spade court cards are one way. The King's central jewel was shaded on only one side. The little white spades in the "belt" of the Jack and Queen point in only one direction. Here is an image of a queen that I found on line

queen-spades-playing-card.jpg

Nov 16, 2017
California
Dang, I've looked through every design I have and can't find that design :(
Yep, I can't find any either :( . I remember doing that Jordan trick in EoCT when I was 12 using those spade Bicycle cards. With those court cards we also have 25 one way face cards -- essentially half a deck, and then those can be controlled and do quite a bit with a borrowed deck (back when I was very young !)

Nov 16, 2017
California
Lost track of this thread. I have reported on other sites that the Squeezer angel backs have the one-way spade court cards. The JD is also has a subtle one way design.

The red ARRCO reprints also have one way courts -- but they maybe due to a misprint as the other colored decks are different.

Here is a link to angel backs... click on the image of the three spade courts. Look at the spades on the belt of the J and Q. The belt gem of the K has shading on only one side.

https://playingcarddecks.com/products/angel-back-squeezers-playing-cards-uspcc-blue-red

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results