Omega Playing Cards [] Should I Make A Kickstarter

Jun 13, 2013
These are a pack of cards I just started working on
If I decide to put them up I will make sure to go through all the copyright stuff with the fonts I used and such
I just want an opinion on what I have so far
I have the tuck box and back design
I always wanted my own deck and I love GFX
I am 14 so don't know if this will get released or not
Also if this does go out only 100 decks will exist!
Here are some pics!

Untitled_2.jpg

Back Design

Tuck_Box.jpg

Tuck Box

Jul 22, 2013
California
I too am fourteen, and I love that there's another one out there so dedicated to creation and entrepreneurship (I also do graphic design). That being said, I'm not really a fan of the design. It looks like you are trying too hard to use too little (the minimalistic effect isn't working with these cards). For some reason, I can't say why, they look like cards a high end car company would give away after every test drive. The tuck box isn't too bad, but the back design does not impress. WhenI heard Omega, I was so hoping that it was going to showcase the actual Greek letter of Omega. The stripes sort of take away from the symbol on the back. Also, the black and white color scheme has been completely overdone, I would recommend a blue and white back, or maybe even green and white?

So, to sum up- change the color, the actual Omega letter should be in there somewhere, they look like you are trying too hard to look 'cool', but I really like the idea of a younger son unveiling a new deck (this is all constructive criticism, not hating :)). Oh, one more thing- where are you going to get someone to produce only one hundred decks?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The reason most decks are created in quantities of at least 2,500 is because that number is where it starts to be cost effective. I don't mean to be harsh, but you are not well known enough to try to make something exclusive and rare. That only works if you have a strong reputation behind your product.

I, personally, am not a fan of the design, but I could see it working well for certain groups. A splash of color somewhere would possibly give it some appeal for flourishers. This design is very stark.

Jun 13, 2013
I'm not a big fan, but yeah some might like it, maybe add some color. I can relate to you wanting to design your own cards, i worked on a back design for a while and this is what i got. Simple but I like it. I mean i am not going to kickstarter or even trying to go big with these, just 1 prototype for me and thats all I need! Diamond.jpg

By the way, if you want to make a prototype of your deck, you can do it through here : http://www.bicyclepersonalizedcards.com . You can't customize faces or the Ace, but it is a start if thats what you want to do.
Good Luck
-Nolan

Aug 9, 2013
Nice! Id get a deck. what you should do though is add some colour into the back design and instead of saying fonts used say 1 of 100.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results