On the fly.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Do any of you just perform something on the fly? An example of this: Awhile back I was sitting in class, bored, and wanted to show my friend something. I was at the very back corner of a class room, with my friend to the right of me and my other friend one desk ahead of me. The friend in front had on a hoodie, so I when I was shooting the breeze with my friend, I realized I wanted to do a signed card to hoodie right then. I hadn't brought up magic at this point, and everyone was asleep, so I said to the guy, "Dude look at how many people are asleep." He turned and I loaded a random card into the hood. My friend turns back and was like, hey do some magic. That was pretty odd because I was just about to ask him if he wanted to see anything. Anyway, he selected and signed a card, which I then controlled to the top. Now here's where it got really simple. The friend in front had turned and started to watch. Well, the card in his hood was sticking out of the hood but since he was watching, it was out of view. Now I turned to him and told him to turn around. This was good for the guy who picked the card because he got to see that I didn't have any thing palmed. He freaked when he saw the card sticking out of the hood. I just took it by the corner, set it on top of the deck, asked him what the card was, did a DL, and fried him.

The point of this thread is to share some stories and insight on just going out and performing on the fly without planning anything ahead of time. Do you like to do it or not? Why? Just some things like that. By on the fly I mean, not going to your go to effect. Improvisation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results