One Eighty (from Daniel Madisons One notes)

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
So basically, if anyone knows this routine, you know it will take many times to get right. Basically this trick is a mind trick with the card, which you try to suggest it to the spectator without them seeing it first hand. D+M pointed the Four of Clubs has 80% chances, i suceeded once today, and the reactions was good. Failed three times though.

My question is, because the patter in the trick will lead the spectators to say the final card i want them to say, "Four of Clubs", i need help with the "Clubs" part. I need things can relate to it, maybe symbolism, words, or like the word "clubs", in the middle of another word. For example, like "before", ends with "fore", sounding the word "four". Get what im trying to say?

Also gestures, i found spectators judging my gestures wrongly, thus chosing another card other than the four. Like when i gesture about tables, walls, they thing more of the suit Diamonds, so in the end they would say something like "10 of Diamonds". So the club part needs help. What relates to this suit more? Can you help?

Peace.

Sep 4, 2007
I have DM's One notes, just not in front of me, so I'll have to check them out tonight and get back to you.

In the meantime, based on your previous thread and the obvious direction you are trying to go with your magic = which I applaud = I strongly STRONGLY recommend that you check out Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook 2 dvd set, as well as get both of his books. Even if you have to save up for a year to win them on ebay, get them. More than worth it.

urban

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I believe the only clubs relation in the notes are the tree and the golf club. You could say, "...there's a tree blowing outside, there are three leaf clovers all over the ground. Across the street is a broken down house, it used to be called 'The Club Four'." Although that may be pushing it a bit too far

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Don't forget that this is also a good practice routine, where even if they don't say the card you want, you're covered with the 180-Placement he teaches.

If the force fails, they don't know, always act like it's what you planned (if that's how you present it) and milk everything you can out of the rest of the performance . If the force suceeds, then hey, do a little dance in your mind to the tune of "Everybody dance now" and then get back to milking everything you can out of the rest of the performance. :)

- Sean

Oct 19, 2007
you can say that ur in a bad mood and feel like bashing a pumkin (halloween) with a club. I dont really know what else u could say.................

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
you can say that ur in a bad mood and feel like bashing a pumkin (halloween) with a club. I dont really know what else u could say.................

Not really something i would throw into a casual conversation but hey!

I second Derren Brown's books and DVDs and i believe Kenton Knepper has a lot of info printed about mental suggestion and what-not.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Yeah...about the actual 180 Placement. I...err....well i kinda need help on it. Can i ask for help? (If someone could perform the 180 placement on Video or something, it would be great. Kinda asking for a lot here though.)

Btw, i really like "The Club Four" part. But wont that be too obvious? I use the tree patter D+M suggests, but the thing is people cant seem to relate a Club, with a Tree. I performed this routine today, but left out the 180 Placement, because i was performing strolling style, on the streets, and it was windy. My partner was watching me, and the moment i asked "What card do you see yourself turning over?", the climax came, the person i performed it for said "Four of Clubs", everything was bang on. I ended clean, everything.

Hey Urban, you read my mind. How jo0 du dat!?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Yeah...about the actual 180 Placement. I...err....well i kinda need help on it. Can i ask for help? (If someone could perform the 180 placement on Video or something, it would be great. Kinda asking for a lot here though.)

I am about to PM you. With a differently worded description of the sleight.

Glad it worked out for you today.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The psychological force IMO is one of my strongest pieces of magic. Having both Derren Brown's Devils picturebook and One, I believe that Derren Brown's card forces are by far more successful, with around 60% success rate for me, depending on what card.

Performing this tricks on a regular basis, I find that it is extremely important to use your own patter and style when forcing a card. Using the patter given word for word will sound unnatural and sometimes faulty.
However what you have to remember is to link certain words and hand motions to thoughts, and if done successfully, the outcome will be great.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Well if, when trying to force the 4 of clubs, they always go with a different card, maybe you should have that card in a pocket and use it as a different reveal.

Hope I made sense there, 'tis too early.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results