One-Hand Moves Compilation

Ok guys, as some of you may know I only use one hand.
I posted a video yesterday and some comments says that there're a lot of one-handed moves...

Hope you can help me, I know you can :p
Thanks in advance

Well, I would love you to help me out getting a list of the moves and where you can learn them from... I'll start the list like this:
I'll keep adding yours to the list.

Charlier Cut // De'vo - Xtreme Begginerz
One Handed Shuffle // De'vo - Xtreme Begginerz
Thumbcut // De'vo - Xtreme Begginerz
Kryptonite // D&D - The System
Hot Shot Cut // Daryl - Encyclopedia of Card Sleights Vol. 8
One Hand Revolution // Brian Tudor - Show Off Vol.1
False One Hand Revolution // Brian Tudor - Show Off Vol.1
One Hand Revolution II // Brian Tudor - Show Off Vol.2
Thumb Cut // The Flourishman - Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes
Pinkie Cut
Herrmann Cut
Scissor Cut
Horizontal Turn Cut
Vertical Turn Cut
Vertical Spin Cut
Roll Cut
L Cut
Extension Cut (X Cut)
Index Cut
“Pincer Grip Cut”
Helicopter Throw Cut
Straight Throw Cut
Roll Throw Cut
Flip Throw Cut
Hindu Throw Cut
Aerial Cut
Charlier Tri-Cut
Thumb Tri-Cut
Turning Tri-Cut
Extension Tri-Cut
Running Thumb Cut
Charlier/Thumb “Shuffle”
“Five-Packet” Cut
L-X Quad Cut
Running L Cut
L-X Interpolation
Six-Packet Display Cut
Flip-Flop Cut
One-Hand Cut Miscellany

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
A billion one-handed cuts // Jerry "The Flourishman" - www.flourishman.com

Buy the encyclopedia dude, there are literally hundreds of one-handed cuts out there, you can make as many variations as your ever-decreasing judgement allows. literally an infinite number of possibilities.

I'm sorry to hear that you only use one hand, is it due to a physical condition?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Revolution cut// brian tudor (I think) it is taught in the trilogy, show off, and generation xtreme
Thumbcut// flourishman, Xtreme Beginnerz
Hot Shot Cut// Daryl..

 Thumb Cut
 Pinkie Cut
 Herrmann Cut
 Scissor Cut
 Horizontal Turn Cut
 Vertical Turn Cut
 Vertical Spin Cut
 Roll Cut
 L Cut
 Extension Cut (X Cut)
 Index Cut
 “Pincer Grip Cut”
 Helicopter Throw Cut
 Straight Throw Cut
 Roll Throw Cut
 Flip Throw Cut
 Hindu Throw Cut
 Aerial Cut
 Charlier Tri-Cut
 Thumb Tri-Cut
 Turning Tri-Cut
 Extension Tri-Cut
 Running Thumb Cut
 Charlier/Thumb “Shuffle”
 “Five-Packet” Cut
 L-X Quad Cut
 Running L Cut
 L-X Interpolation
 Six-Packet Display Cut
 Flip-Flop Cut
 One-Hand Cut Miscellany

All those cuts above can be found in the encyclopedia of flourishes

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
i don't really agree with looking for only the "best" one hand cuts or whatever. if you are really looking to specialize in just one hand, you'll be better off starting with the very basics which will lay a foundation for your rev. erdnase or what-have-you power moves.

Oct 11, 2007
sacramento ca
the one one i really like to do and i believe it is called a paul draddle cut its where the bottom charlier to the top then twisted and flipped at the same time the pushed over to land flat i do it all the time and you can also do a blossom ace production where at the push the aces litterally blossom out it very cool

Sep 2, 2007
Learn the one handed spring,its hard though.
One handed hot shot.
and the boomerang with a one handed fan catch.
oh and the curly cue...a onehanded lepaul spread.
oh and theres also the carnahan fan.
the cobra cut and its variations.

jsut to name a few one handed things.

Sep 1, 2007
aris already listed the pincer grip cut in his post. or did you make a running packet version, i only saw your one vid on decknique media.

Thanks guys for all the information :)

4Jack Yes I am... I tought about asking you the same thing :)

For those of you who doesn't know me (I've been on cards for a long time, but most of it in magic, and I was just trying to compile all the one handed moves as my memmory can't recall them all).

And thanks again for your help guys!

Sep 1, 2007
hey dude, I commented in your other media section video (which was great btw), I think the ULTIMATE move you could learn would be 8 perfect one-handed shuffles in a row, to restore the deck to original order. although I believe you'd have to do that with 52 cards not 54 for it to work. I could be wrong about that. anyways that would be so mindboggling that I would give that the video of the year !!! actually what would be really awesome is if you threw some false one-handed cuts in there, in between perfect shuffles, that would really blow laymen away.

Rene Lavand is a one-handed magician who lost the use of his right hand. He teaches a lot of one-handed sleights as well. He always does one-handed false shuffles. Look into his Close Up Artistry series for that. Also teaches his famous "It Can't Be Done Any Slower" in volume one. You should use the false one-handed shuffles for your routine to laymen instead of actually learning perfect one-handed faros 8 times in a row.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah, good point actually the 8 perfect shuffles is more of a "magician fooler" only not really even that.

www.richardturner52.com has a pretty good DVD called "Fans, flourishes, and false shuffles" that also teaches several methods of one-handed shuffles and stripouts. The most nuclear being the longitudinal one-hand-shuffle-stripout, also probably irrelevent to laymen though. but it's the quickest way to get a perfect one hand weave set up for the totally-one-handed-giant fan (it makes it so you don't have to do the toughest part, the "push-thru") He teaches a pretty nifty totally-one-handed "Triumph" routine that you could probably add to your repertoire. @ UEZ - I haven't seen any of Lavand's material, might be worth checking out!

Sep 1, 2007
that would be the freaking awesomest thing in the world. the only other guy i know of that pursued that was John Scarne and he said it took him several years. he was learning to simulatnously do 8 perfect one-hand shuffles with a deck in each hand.

the advantage to this, rather than the "easy" way out of a stripout, is that you can do ribbon spreads in teh middle , say , 4 shuffles into it, and show everyone "Now as you can see the deck is THOROUGHLY mixed up!!!" then square the deck openly and cleanly... now when you hit them with the original restored order you will knock their socks off.

http://www.denisbehr.de/faro/

this is a calculator that will tell you, depending on how many cards, how many faros will return it to original order. you can also, for example, have a set up deck order for some tricks, do 6 perfect faros, put it in a box, then at your show for laymen, open the box and ribbon spread to show the cards are "thoroughly mixed, yet I'll give them a couple more shuffles to get them REALLY mixed up." now you have your perfect set up order, with no-one the wiser. and with a set up deck order you can accomplish AMAZING tricks :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results