*Only 1 card face down routine*

Sep 30, 2007
So here is a 2nd idea that I have; please check out my 1st and give some feedback! I LOVE tricks that have the "only 1 card face down" climax, and it's their card. So it may already be a trick; the moves involved and the effect certainly is not new.

the deck is shuffled and cut by a spectator. you take the cards back then turn over top card and have it signed. the card is turned over, given to the spec to put their hand over. You claim that you will vanish the card right from under their hand. Give the cards to 2nd spec to cut once, and then put in the box, and hold onto. You put your hand on top of the 1st specs (perhaps the spec should be female to avoid sexual orientation confusion haha) and count down from 5 w/o losing eye contact. Ask tehm to check if it has gone. Immediately they say "no", but you then ask them to turn it over. It HAS vanished, but been replaced by another card (or a blank card, depending on what you have)!
Say that "vanished objects MUST go somewhere!" *dramatic pause*. "Quick! open the box and look through the cards face up ! 1 is now face down!"
It is their signed card.

I was thinking about a routine where that keeps happening, but with more impossible conditions.

start with this effect
then do triumph
biddle trick
and finally invisible deck (different card just thought of. try NLP-ish presentation)

Please keep the feedback coming!

Aug 31, 2007
i do something like that to and it always gets good reactions

one other thing i do is at the end do inversion somersault (varation) and have the deck turn face up around the card

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
If you like these types of tricks, your should look in Aaron Fisher's work in Paper Engine as there are a bunch of good 'one card inversion' style tricks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results