Opaque flash paper?

May 9, 2012
New York
I recently thought of a trick and one part invloves covering the deck with a small towel and then removing it and the deck changes. But then i thought, how great would it be to cover it with flash paper and have the deck change in a burst of flame? the problem is that it has to be totally opaque. does anyone know of such a product?

Jan 11, 2011
You could use a few layers of flash papers, I think after folding it 3-4 times, it should be opaque, and it will give you even nicer flame.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I don't know how to solve your problem but I know the above comment is a bad idea unless you want to start an actual fire.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I would probably only use the flash paper in a section. It gets expensive and it seems like you'd be using a ton!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I think it must be possible. Didn't they once have dollar bills made of flash paper? So perhaps you are able to print on it or color it. People perhaps try different types of markers: sharpie, dry erase, washable etc.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Ehhhh, I don't know about that. Every piece of flash paper I've seen colored or not is kinda see thru. I would just use flash paper for tricks that require a smaller piece so you don't need to order flash paper by the pound to do one effect.
I would just use a substitute for the flash paper because truth is flash paper looks good with any trick you can incorporate it with. Try just doing the same with the cover of your hands or a small silk that is the same color of the deck you are going to change it with.

I really don't like tricks where you're showing the flash paper to a spectator and then setting it on fire. Tricks such as Jay Sankeys coin thru deck trick(In a flash I believe it's called). I think flash paper should go without being seen.

I myself use it while performing a ring flight as I heat up the metal with a lighter. Suddenly they see a big burst of flame and their ring gone. It doesn't cost me very much to perform this effect because it uses such little paper, and the paper goes without being seen.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results