Openers

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I'm gonna be volunteering at a couple of senior centers this summer performing magic. This is the first time i've ever done a formal show so i'm starting to put my act together now.

I'm having some trouble thinking of a good first trick. I want a trick that will instantly establish me as a magician. Something quick but amazing.

If any of you guys have any ideas, please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I'm gonna be volunteering at a couple of senior centers this summer performing magic. This is the first time i've ever done a formal show so i'm starting to put my act together now.

I'm having some trouble thinking of a good first trick. I want a trick that will instantly establish me as a magician. Something quick but amazing.

If any of you guys have any ideas, please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Daniel's Garcia "Satisfaccion Guaranteed" it's a great opener routine, it's visual and it actually leaves you ready to perform your set, i recommend that you ckeck that out ;).

I would say chili cheese fries is the best for opener............oh wait magic trick, my bad. Yeah, I would recommend Satisfaccion Guaranteed also, and that's what I used in my show too. If you own a ultra gaff deck, I would recommend the carrot card.

Sep 1, 2007
I would say chili cheese fries is the best for opener............oh wait magic trick, my bad. Yeah, I would recommend Satisfaccion Guaranteed also, and that's what I used in my show too. If you own a ultra gaff deck, I would recommend the carrot card.

Why don't save the money and simply take a sharpie and write "carrot" on a card?

Anyway, do something that is easy for you to perform and has a clear and direct effect. I prefer not to have a card selected and memorized in my first trick because I don't want to ask anything from the audience before I've given them something. Also I want to keep the first things direct and wait until the audience is drawn in, and then I can move into some more complicated stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results