Optical Illusions

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Today, I found a book on optical illusions in my school library and I rented it, because it was awesome.
So I have a few questions:
1. What do you think of Optical Illusions?
2. Is there any way we can incorporate them into magic? ex. Using the spinning spiral so people see the world distorted and then doing distortion to show that it wasn't really their mind, the pips really moved.

D

Deleted member 2755

Today, I found a book on optical illusions in my school library and I rented it, because it was awesome.
So I have a few questions:
1. What do you think of Optical Illusions?
2. Is there any way we can incorporate them into magic? ex. Using the spinning spiral so people see the world distorted and then doing distortion to show that it wasn't really their mind, the pips really moved.

1.Awesomeness.... Haha, in school I take study hall and whenever I don't have any homework, a friend and I usually just go on google images and look at them. =P
2. It already has. ;) Those of you who own the effect know what I'm talking about.:p However, there already are several optical illusions being used in magic. Chance are, you already know some. ;)

-Doug

Aug 7, 2008
I know this isn't quite an optical illusion, but any false deal with bee cards. The busy back design makes it look like your taking the top card. There is a trace of optical illusion in there that makes it work.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Google search for a guy called Jerry Andrus. You'll find what you're looking for. I think Joe Porper makes some optical illusion magic stuff too but I'm not sure.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Andrus had some amazing work, utilising optics in all out magic tricks... brilliant mind, much missed.

A lot of effects on the market right now rely on optics. See the majority of Jesse Feinbergs stuff for an example.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results