Organic

Apr 2, 2011
It's been a long time since I posted in theory11. I want my magic now to be organic by using everyday objects that are instant reset, easy to do and angle proof.

1. What do you think of Justin Miller's Creeper wallet?

2. What are tricks that I can put in my wallet?

3. Which is the best pk ring for coin to plastic bottle and which dvd is the best for it?

4. What do you think of the time machine?

5. Any other tricks that you would like to recommend?

Thank you!

Dec 29, 2011
Sankey has a crapload of stuff using borrowed and regular objects, stuff like Keys, Matches, rubber bands, cutlery, money, rings, shoelaces, coins. Check out his anytime anywhere DVD, or even the definitive Sankey. Either that of the Garcia projects, 5ive and symphony have a lot of that kind of stuff. I don't have it, but function 9 seems to be good as well, from Calen Morelli. All of that should give you plenty of that organic style stuff, particularly the Sankey and Garcia stuff, which is mostly impromtu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2010
There are also a handful of tricks involving matchboxes. The first one that comes to mind is a penetration trick where a needle or coin clearly goes completely through a matchbox. The matchbox is then opened to show that it's filled with a wooden block. I forgot the precise name of the effect, but I'm sure searching for matchbox penetration will bring it up.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Stevens Magic has several videos available about Improvisational & Bar Magic featuring some major players like Malone, Ammar, etc. that you may want to look into. If you are trying to move in the direction I think you are, you may want to subscribe to Menagerie Magazine in that I have a series of articles coming out soon, that deal with this very thing -- what's being referred to as Folk Mentalism or "Urban Shamanism" -- it's a blending of Bizarre & Psychic styled magic and storytelling which is deliberately enveloped in a veneer of metaphysical thinking/wisdom. It's a relatively new form of magical work that's gaining popularity for many reasons.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results