Overclock - Yoann :: Review

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Hey guys! I'm sure you've all seen this video. It was highly praised by Chris Kenner a few weeks back. Well Yoann (the performer) has released this and a few other effects on his site, which can be found here.
I decided to buy his effect Overclock and write up a review about it.

[size=+2]Overclock - Yoann[/size]

First, when you buy the download, an email is sent to you telling you how to complete the transaction. Although a link sends you to a page that is in French, the email tells you how to complete the transaction (if you don't speak French). You shouldn't have any issues buying, completing, and downloading the effect.

Once you download it, it comes with three folders. One is the performance, one is the explanation, and the other is "movebox", which is basically a quick teaching of the sleights you need to accomplish the effect.

Explanation - Now to the explanation. It's taught only once in an over-the-shoulder view silently, but it's enough. Every once and a while the camera freezes to show specific parts of a sleight. Yoann goes slowly through only once then does a performance of the effect from the back view.

Everything you see in the performance on Youtube is exactly what you get. He teaches everything (not the Cascade Control obviously) but teaches all the rest, including the little flourishes he uses throughout.

Movebox - In the "movebox" section, only one sleight is taught and that's the non-acrobatic Diving Board Double by Lee Asher. Yoann quickly teaches it once, and that's all. For those wanting to really learn it well and the aerial application, you will wan't to buy Lee Asher's PDF.

Overall - Overall, I would give this download an 8/10. It's fairly quickly taught (not rushed though) but quite easy to catch on too. If you really want to learn well from this download, you should be intermediate in your card skill. If you are a beginner, this would be much too non-in-depth of an explanation.

For those wondering, there are credits at the end.

If you like what you see in the performance, go ahead and buy it, it's a spectacular deal ( $3.95!!!). It's a fun sandwich routine also. Recommended.

If you have any questions, post them below and I'll try my best to answer them :).

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results