Overhand shuffle... no look

Jun 16, 2019
hi all, i try to learn overhand shuffle.

Controlling last card it’s easy, after 1st shuffle, look, drop the cards till the break and look at spectator again. Just 2 seconds and natural.

But without look at the deck, with a SMALL break, how can you feel the break and drop the rest of the deck? With a medium/large break you feel the “STOCK” of the card, but if the break is small, i feel “was this the break? Or this? Maybe this card?” Peeling them.

Suggestions please?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Honestly, it's just practice. Practice the exact same moves, but look at the packet so you know your doing it right. Then slowly stop looking at it. Eventually, you'll tart using the muscle memory over the actual visual connection. You can just feel it.

If not, then maybe use a larger break and just hide it.

I believe the solution you're looking for can be found in Expert at the Card Table under the title To Retain Top Stock. The in-jog card makes contact with the left fourth finger and held in position by friction. This point of contact serves two purposes: control over the cards t0 prevent them from shifting too much, and a tactile point of reference making it much easier for the right thumb to find the in-jog and form a break. I'd encourage you to find the book if you haven't read it yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results