Packet Tricks and difficulty

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
All right. I have 5 packet tricks. Each of the have a small variance in difficulty here and here. Mostly with presentation, but a couple also benefit from sleights and fancy handiwork

I have one in which I purposely MADE more difficult in order to take away some potential issues and make it look more impossible.

So here's my question:

Is there such a thing as difficult packet trick?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yes, Dan and Dave's 69 isn't exactly easy. It feels easy in my hands now that I have learned it well but it was really tough at the beginning. I might also say that there are versions of Paul Harris' effects Grasshopper and Reset made by other people than Paul that are very difficult.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Is there such a thing as difficult packet trick?

Oh yeah. My favorite packet trick is Wildcard, the routine that I do uses a Jordan Count, an Elmsley Count, a Paintbrush Change, a Through the Hands flourish and a Mexican Turnover.

Speaking of packet tricks, t here are some great ones on Craig Petty's Blank that use blank cards -- I though you would like that one Brett. My favorite DVD of packet tricks is Simon Lovel's Packet Killer which has all the classics and comes with a gaff deck. That being said, John Bannon's packet tricks are AMAZING.

Reactions: Josh Burch

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Oh yeah. My favorite packet trick is Wildcard, the routine that I do uses a Jordan Count, an Elmsley Count, a Paintbrush Change, a Through the Hands flourish and a Mexican Turnover.

Speaking of packet tricks, t here are some great ones on Craig Petty's Blank that use blank cards -- I though you would like that one Brett. My favorite DVD of packet tricks is Simon Lovel's Packet Killer which has all the classics and comes with a gaff deck. That being said, John Bannon's packet tricks are AMAZING.

You had me at 'blank packet trick'!

I'm going to look all of these up! And Wildcard sounds nuts!

Jul 13, 2010
That being said, John Bannon's packet tricks are AMAZING.
I agree. If you want the best value for your money, John's book "High Caliber" is an excellent choice. Some of my favorite packet tricks are in this book. And as most Bannon stuff, it's not very hard to do.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Bannon is amazing. That reminds I do Bannon's version of Dr. Dayleys last trick. It is super easy, it surprises me how difficult some guys can make that effect.

Jan 17, 2015
There are packet tricks that aren't technically demanding but is hard in terms of one has to memorise the exact sequence of the method to make the effect work. One example is Gregory Wilson's Gemini Twins...although I could perform it fluently now.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
There are packet tricks that aren't technically demanding but is hard in terms of one has to memorise the exact sequence of the method to make the effect work. One example is Gregory Wilson's Gemini Twins...although I could perform it fluently now.

Funny you mention this. One of the first Tenyo I ever purchased was a packet trick called 'Magical Burger', it involves a couple complex sequences that require doing very fast (lest the audience figure out your sequence)

And a third effect that requires a bit of memorization. But I sat down and turned it into a miniature mnemonica stack (in an effort to create a more impossible looking effect to eliminate a couple issues...and I needed a memorization exercise for therapy).

Jan 17, 2015
Funny you mention this. One of the first Tenyo I ever purchased was a packet trick called 'Magical Burger', it involves a couple complex sequences that require doing very fast (lest the audience figure out your sequence)

And a third effect that requires a bit of memorization. But I sat down and turned it into a miniature mnemonica stack (in an effort to create a more impossible looking effect to eliminate a couple issues...and I needed a memorization exercise for therapy).

Cool! There is a fun memorization bit taught on Rick Lax's Binary Code...it involves a packet of 12 to 18 cards (or more).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results