Padiddle?

Jan 27, 2008
The encyclopedia of playing card flourishes by Jerry Cestcowski, and Andrei didn't invent it. Neither did Jerry, the concept of spinning a card on your finger has been around since Jesus, but Jerry taught it in his book. There's no special techniques to it really; you just DO it, and the amount of time you'll be able to do it for will increase.

Guess shanku beat me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 16, 2008
it's what gets me the best reaction though, from flourisher and laymen so it totaly worth it ! but yeah it takes time

dimitri.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, the laymen and flourishers alike love it. I can't do it but my friend can do it with a book. It's pretty cool because he can get some good speed with it. I can do it with a pen and a calculator.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
thanks for the input guys. The only reason i thought andrei made it was because it was in his underground creations video. Lol i always thought "Padiddle" was just a gangstered up version of "Pirouette".

A few questions: I'm right handed, should the card be spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise? And is it suppose to be on the index or middle finger? or does it not matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2008
Yeah, the laymen and flourishers alike love it. I can't do it but my friend can do it with a book. It's pretty cool because he can get some good speed with it. I can do it with a pen and a calculator.

So which is it? And dude, how in the hell do you piddidle a pen?! :confused: woah....

And magicshadow, you can spin it on whatever finger you want, although you'll get the best reactions doing it on your middle finger, as for the direction of the spin, it can be whichever way you want, although in his book Jerry recomends spinning it in the direction you spin other objects....

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
So which is it? And dude, how in the hell do you piddidle a pen?! :confused: woah....

And magicshadow, you can spin it on whatever finger you want, although you'll get the best reactions doing it on your middle finger, as for the direction of the spin, it can be whichever way you want, although in his book Jerry recomends spinning it in the direction you spin other objects....

So could i just do a pirouette and then move my hand to keep it going?

Btw, you can padiddle a pen but that would involve the pen spinning around the finger as opposed to on the finger, which would be a penspinning trick. I dont know the specific name for the trick, i believe he's talking about a continuous backaround or a basketball spin.

Jan 31, 2008
So could i just do a pirouette and then move my hand to keep it going?

Btw, you can padiddle a pen but that would involve the pen spinning around the finger as opposed to on the finger, which would be a penspinning trick. I dont know the specific name for the trick, i believe he's talking about a continuous backaround or a basketball spin.

The pen trick is called the thumbaround although Im not sure if he was talking about that... for the paddiddle you can generate the initial spin anyway you want, one handed, two handed with whichever technique you want, whatever works best, but it's much harder than moving your hand to keep it going, maybe ask this on HL, DN or just ask Andrei, I shouldn't be giving advice on a move I can't do....

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Did the calc. have a hole in the back? If not that's damn tiight bro, should try it with a card and your fingers since you already have a feel for the motions needed....

It has a little indentation which makes spinning it really easy. I tried it with a card (with my finger, not a pen) but I failed. I better keep practicing.

Reactions: Akhbisk
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results