Palming cards

Aug 6, 2017
After palming a card I find it suspicious to stand with your hand closed at your side. What do you recommend to do to make it better?

Jul 26, 2016
The hand should not be closed, which would be suspicious, but relaxed and cupped, just the way your hands would naturally be if they were at your sides and not holding anything. It can also be a good idea to give the hand that's palming the card something to do like holding the deck, or a drink, even a spectator" arm or shoulder, or if you are standing or sitting at a table you can casually lean it on the edge of a table. When the hand that is palming a card or a coin is holding or doing something, it helps greatly in warding off suspicion.

Feb 1, 2017
Of course you find it suspicious. There is a card in your hand that shouldn't be there. Feels suspicious, but in reality it isn't. There is a card in your hand THAT SHOULDN'T BE THERE. Why would anyone ever want to look then? Act natural. Have some confidence.

Biz

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Romania
bizandfriends.com
The classic advice of having a card palmed in your hand everywhere you go, for a few days to weeks, really does work. You'll end up even forgetting you have a card in your hand. And when that happens, you yourself have stopped believing that you have palmed a card. And when you stop believing you've done something suspicious, little to no chance that the spectator will doubt your actions.

Nov 26, 2017
I would say to take the attention away from the card palmed, it is better to keep the eye contact with spectators and do not over-use your hand with card palmed. Relax and do something that will cause the same cupped shape.

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Jul 26, 2016
Another tip I would add that works well for me is that, immediately after securing the card(s) to be palmed into your hand drop the "guilty" hand casually to your side as you simultaneously hand the deck for shuffling to a spectator with your other hand. This is excellent misdirection, gives them something else to focus on and takes the attention away from you. It will even give you the opportunity to get a card under a drink, into your pocket, on to your forehead - whatever - so that later, you can show your hand completely clean before the revelation.

Reactions: airerdem
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
What all these guys said is great.
At the end of Action Palm, Marlo has a section called "Holding out". It is very useful in learning how to hold your cards in palm naturally, and then adapting that to the modern world is fairly easy.

Reactions: Hgagnon
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results