Panic or Digital Dissolve?

I'm a card guy by definition, but I do a decent silver dream variation and a few custom coin tricks (A variation on changing a coin off the back of a spectators hand is my best I think). I really wanna get into coin magic a little further and I was wondering how diverse DD is?

Can I use the stuff provided for other tricks? Other transpos for example?
How does Digital Dissolves diversity stack up against Panics diversity?

I guess what I am saying is, which one will I get the most wide usage out of?

Ok, Panic's gimmick you can only really use for Panic.

D.D's gimmick, Hmm, I guess its more possible to use that for another effect than Panic.

Obviously, if your a Card Guy your going to performing Panic loads, for D.D is also a trick for the all Card Guy (Like Me)

But if your a Coin Person, you wont be using Panic much, but you will be using D.D loads.

O yeah, you said " I do A variation on changing a coin off the back of a spectators hand is my best I think". Thats basically D.D except its a transpo. You do DD on the back of the spectators hand

If you need some more info about D.D Ive recently posted a review that covers everything in the DVD. Hopefully, when I get time, Im going to post a review for Panic.

Hope that helps,
Cheers, Tom

Sep 1, 2007
well, honestly I will say it quick since some people may say it now, it kind of is apples and oranges. I think DD is good as it is. Yes, you can be creative, and you can do the trick on your hand, the spectators hand, and they are both effective. Personally (I own both) DD is a direct and simple transpo effect. That is why it is effective, it is because it is so simple. Panic has a lot of versatility and lots of opportunity for presentation. If you want to keep going with your coins, DD is very very good, and the gaff is made beautifully. Panic is also very valuable, and Aaron teaches very good tips regarding sleight of hand on his DVD. I hope this helps, I know that I personally am very glad that I own both tricks. I think you have to decide if the transposition (really easy to do) is easy to incorporate into your routine, or if the disappearing (and at the end, reappearing) deck is more versatile for you.

Sep 2, 2007
With Panic you use the gimmick to make a deck vanish, and the kings reappear. Conversely, you can use the coins provided with Digital Dissolve to perform a two-coin 3 Fry, a two-coin Silver Dream, vanishing coin tricks, Sinful, et al.

In regards, to diversity, Digital Dissolve lies ahead of Panic by a long stretch because for Panic you receive a gimmick, whereas with Digital Dissolve you receive coins -- a half-dollar and a English penny.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Panic is magically delicious. I perform it about once a day. i haven't brought it to school yet. Not sure if I want to bring gimmicks to school though.

I don't have DD, but it's extremely visual. In the end it just depends on what you want to perform. There both great tricks.

Also, i fyou wnant to get into coin magic, if you get DD or Panic, pick up J.B Bobo's Modern Coin Magic book. It might be at your local book store.

Sep 2, 2007
Yea I'm from Australia and waz wandering if anyone knew somewhere where itz possible 2 get D.D. customly made.

Cheerz!!!

Jamie Schoolcraft is the person who crafted the Digital Dissolve coins for theory11. He would be a good choice to make a custom order from, though it would cost more than the $34.95 that D.D. is selling for. His site is www.coingaffs.com.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results