Panic Review

Name: Panic
By: Aaron Fisher
Length: 43 minutes

This is what real magic would look like

The four Kings are shown and placed into your back pocket. The remainder of the deck is spread cleanly, and then it happens. The deck instantly vanishes in your hands -- leaving only four cards. The cards are shown to be the Kings. And where's the rest of the pack? In your back pocket. No sleights. No funny moves​
What you get: The DVD, and the special Gimmicks to do this effect.

What you will need: A RED Rider Back Deck.

The DVD.

Opening Titles:
Aaron welcomes. Basically it's the same as the trailer on Theory 11. Nothing Much.

Performances: We get to see 2 live performances of the trick, unfortunately there aren't any of Wide Spread Panic (Ill talk about later). The performances are good. This is a trick that doesn't really need well thought of patter. I suppose you could do it silently if you wanted to.

The Gaffs: Aaron talks about the inspiration for the trick and how it came to be. He then goes on to talk about the Gaffs, credits, and different ways to show the gaffs in performance.

Basic Handling: Aaron goes over the basic handling that he prefers to perform, he show you the effect on more time.

Set-Up: Yes there is a set up but it isn't that big, also the audience wont notice it because this is supposed to be an opening trick. Aaron goes over the set-up in detail, very easy to follow, nothing complex.

Part 1, 2 and 3.: Aaron goes over the entire effect in great detail, he also talks about different subtleties to improve the trick. Also he goes over how to handle the gaffs in the performance and how to optimize the illusion. The handling for the effect is crucial for making it look good. The moves aren't hard, but will take some time and practice to make it look smooth, I still haven't got it yet, needs some more work. At the end, Aaron goes over the clean up, which isn't to hard, there are loads of harder tricks to clean up than this.

Wide Spread Panic:

The Effect:
You show for Kings, and put them in 4 different positions in the deck, you show the audience they are. You give the deck a cut and a riffle and one king jumps to your right pocket. You show your hands empty and pull it out. You riffle the deck again, another kings jumps to your left pocket, hands empty again. For the last two, you do them both at once. Riffle twice and the two kings jump to your two back pockets. Once you show the kings, you go straight into Panic. (NO PALMING OR FUNNY MOVES.)

The Moves: There are only two moves need for this trick, they aren't that hard to pull off, and if you have lots of experience with card, you should already know one of the moves. This will be going into my routine.

The Unexpected: Aaron goes over things that can unexpectedly happen during the trick, this is great for the Party Performer or Restaurant Performer.

Dynamic Sleight Of Hand
: Aaron talks about altering your sleight of hand to suit different groups of people. IE Different numbers. Again this is great for Party Performer, Restaurant Performer, or even stage. He also goes over a extra special move that can enhance the effect.

Final Thoughts: Aaron gives his final thoughts, I think these are very important and can be applied to any effect.

Overall Opinion: Well this and D.D are definatley going into my routine, and this isnt just going to sit on the shelf and collect dust. This is something you will actually want to perform. The sleights arnt hard, they just need a bit of work to get them good. I cant wait to try this out on the street. Highly recommend.

Cheers, Tom
Check out my blog Twozwozers Blog, More Reviews coming soon

Sep 28, 2007
I kind of wish this came with more refills.
Oh well, can't have everything.
It's still good though.

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
Yup. For some reason my gimmick attraacts dirt really quick. Does anyone know if there going to sell the gaff seperately to get more, so owe don't have to pay for the Dvd all over again?

I know what you mean my gimmick is hecka dirty.. I let my cousin show it to people at his school and he put it in a brand new deck.. It was a huge difference

Well I will probably get this trick because it does look good at a first glance, but I could tell from watching the preview twice exactly how the main effect is done. I am hoping that is just because I have been exposed to so many magic effects and think like a magician and not because it is a bad illusion. I am guessing though if done right it should fool most if not all laymen, but then again "Hot Rod" does that. :D

Sep 8, 2007
Carmichael,CA
Well I will probably get this trick because it does look good at a first glance, but I could tell from watching the preview twice exactly how the main effect is done. I am hoping that is just because I have been exposed to so many magic effects and think like a magician and not because it is a bad illusion. I am guessing though if done right it should fool most if not all laymen, but then again "Hot Rod" does that. :D

Ya Same here i saw Steve ( The owner of Grand Illusions whwere wayn was just at) do the trick twice and i figured it out. I was second guessing myself on whether i should buy itn or not thinking that peoiple might figure it out. But now at school and at friends parties i always get people telling me do the " trick where i make the deck disappear"

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
ive recently ordered DD, as ive told myslef to stop learning card tricks atm, just practice my core slieghts for a few months before learning new tricks, anyway its several weeks before my bday and im really not sure whether to get this or fire in the hole... ??? i need an honest opinion on which gets better reactions (i know you may all be thinking i rely on gimmicks for all my effects but atm i dont want to move away from the sleights im learning (riffle pass, ego change and hot shot cut are to name but a few) to advance onto new ones, so im looking for one really, in your face, card trick with little sleights involved or none... :D

ps. i know witness involves no real sleights but i prefer the look of the other 2 tricks, it still looks good though...

Hmmmm, Well I think that with FiTH it takes a whole heap of practice to get it looking good, more that Panic I think, but if you have got the time and the patience then it is well worth it.

But remember you also have to think about other things, not just if it's gimmicked or not. You need to worry about Angles, Misdirection.... that sort of stuff.

Speaking of Angles, the angles for FiTH are from (your standing in the center of the clock looking at 12) are about up to 10 and 2 o'clock (at the most). Angles for Panic, I think it says in my review.

Cheers, Tom
PS. Pm me if you need any other help or you have some questions

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Hmmmm, Well I think that with FiTH it takes a whole heap of practice to get it looking good, more that Panic I think, but if you have got the time and the patience then it is well worth it.

But remember you also have to think about other things, not just if it's gimmicked or not. You need to worry about Angles, Misdirection.... that sort of stuff.

Speaking of Angles, the angles for FiTH are from (your standing in the center of the clock looking at 12) are about up to 10 and 2 o'clock (at the most). Angles for Panic, I think it says in my review.

Cheers, Tom
PS. Pm me if you need any other help or you have some questions

About the angles, though they aren't perfect, Huron does a great job at showing you how to get rid of the issue.

Panic does look good, but I recently bought Real Secrets of Magic, and it has Ghost which is a practically impromptu version of Panic although much harder to do, I would've got Panic, but no point now.

About the angles, though they aren't perfect, Huron does a great job at showing you how to get rid of the issue.

Panic does look good, but I recently bought Real Secrets of Magic, and it has Ghost which is a practically impromptu version of Panic although much harder to do, I would've got Panic, but no point now.

Pfft, No its not, if you need some help with the misdirection, ask me, I perform it quite a bit, and have never once been caught.

Cheers, Tom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results