Panic!

I don't know if I should be doing this, mods, feel free to delete and I humbly apologize.

I am almost certain this review is accurate, based upon a number of factors which I will not share with respect to Aaron Fisher.

I was incredibly pleased when I saw this here at Theory11 and wanted to share:

The Effect: The four Kings are shown and placed into your back pocket. The remainder of the deck is spread cleanly, and then it happens. The deck instantly vanishes in your hands -- leaving only four cards. The cards are shown to be the Kings. And where's the rest of the pack? In your back pocket. No sleights. No funny moves.

What you Get: High Quality DVD, Supplies, Secret, and probably countless tips on handling, patter, and performing.The DVD: I do NOT own this trick but I will update this review with my opinions on the DVD as soon I purchase PANIC! Seeing the quality on Theory11, I'm sure the DVD will be of the utmost caliber, and knowing Aaron Fisher, the teaching will be clean, precise, and thorough.

Reset/Setup: This effect will require a setup which will take no more than sixty seconds and is effortless. The reset can be done over and over in a matter of seconds. You shouldn't reset in front of your spectators, but it can be done easily enough.

Angles: Technically, this effect can be performed with angles of about 90 degrees. With the cover of your hands, movement, and good patter, the angles get much better. You'll be able to move the cards to greatly enhance the angles, similar to Mercury.

Difficulty: This effect, in terms of sleights, is quite simply easy. That is one reason I was so impressed; this is a fantastic effect to get into magic with, and is something even I cannot wait to play around with.

Supplies: What you'll need to perform this effect can theoretically last forever. The secret "gimmick" is very easy to work with, and even easier to conceal.

Inspectable?: The deck, once removed from your back packet is fully inspectable. The Kings can be inspected, but not immediately. I'm sure a switch, and possibly other methods, will be taught by Fisher.

Miscellaneous: This trick is exactly what it promises to be. The downside to this is simple: because this effect is so simple [4 cards switch with a full deck], and because it is virtually sleightless, it is easy to make this trick boring. The trick essentially works itself, and it is up to YOU to MAKE this into the reputation-maker it promises to be. Have fun with the effect, play around with it, get the spectators involved.

I promise you'll love PANIC!

Pros: Foolproof setup and reset, Sleightless, can be made inspectable, can be made very angle-friendly, ITS A FRICKIN KINGS-DECK TRANSPOSITION!

Cons: angles are not perfect, takes misdirection, slight, and/or patter skill to make inspectable, work is required to maximize this effect -- patter, performance, timing.

Overall: 8.5/10 This will be my first purchase from t.11 as soon as mail orders become available.

Pick it up!

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
sorry can you tell me how you can review it if you dont own it? this made me laugh no offense. DO you know aaron, do you have the gimmick? not insulting wondering

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
where is this gimmick available? was it released before? Could you kind of explain yourself why you can review it? I am not mad or anything.

where is this gimmick available? was it released before? Could you kind of explain yourself why you can review it? I am not mad or anything.

This is gimmick has been released before, but it wasn't intentionally made for the PANIC! effect, and thus has been changed in a very new way which isn't easily obtained [as far as I know]. For instance, folding coins had been made before, but the original creators didn't have biting quarters or coin through glass in mind. I'd rather not delve into specifics regarding the gimmick with respect to Fisher and t.11

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I understand there are other vanishing deck gimmick. But this one you spread the cards out cleanly then vanish them. Ive never seen a gimmick able to do that.

I understand there are other vanishing deck gimmick. But this one you spread the cards out cleanly then vanish them. Ive never seen a gimmick able to do that.

Quite frankly, this is a gimmick that will allow you to seemingly spread out a bunch of cards, and cleanly vanish them. Whether or not you've seen a gimmick able to do that is irrelevant. Are you so conceited that because you do not fully understand the trick you feel compelled to hassle and PM me for exposure. I have reviewed the trick to aid the community in deciding to purchase the effect.

Purchase the effect and you will understand.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I did purchase the effect, I told you that, whether you tell me or not I dont care. I have never seen a gimmick that can do that, I dont see how you can say that I hastled you. I really don't care, I just wanted to at least know where you got the gimmick since you didnt get it from here.

Sep 5, 2007
I did purchase the effect, I told you that, whether you tell me or not I dont care. I have never seen a gimmick that can do that, I dont see how you can say that I hastled you. I really don't care, I just wanted to at least know where you got the gimmick since you didnt get it from here.

Hate to break the news to ya. But the basic idea of the gimmick is NOT new. It is a good routine... But it is NOT a new gimmick...or gimmicks in this case.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Looking forward to a review from someone who actually purchased Aaron's effect....Sorry mate but a review on a product you don't even own isn't all that valuable to me personally. I hope this doesn't start a trend of reviewing products without actually even having them.

--Jim

Sep 3, 2007
Hate to break the news to ya. But the basic idea of the gimmick is NOT new. It is a good routine... But it is NOT a new gimmick...or gimmicks in this case.

I think I have an idea what makes this up. Writing a review before you have the dvd is just speculation.

Sep 1, 2007
anyone seen masuda's "Ambelitious card", it looks about the same.

Man what a fool, he wrote a review without even having the product to review. What is both sad and hilarious is that he just KNOWS it's going to be an 8.5/10 ... when he finally gets it... what a joke.

This kind of behavior should be banned from the forum. Yet, this kind of behavior makes up most of the forum traffic so ....

Sep 5, 2007
I think I have an idea what makes this up. Writing a review before you have the dvd is just speculation.

I wasn't writing a review. The effect is good. I was simply commenting on the gimmick itself. And I did not need to see the dvd. No need for speculation as it were.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
In fact, you guys are a bit cranky around here. Lighten up a bit Francis.

Nice...you must be old like me cause I am betting very few people will get that reference =)

--Jim

p.s. I appreciate your input on the gimmick itself I am just looking for a review on Aaron's subtleties he has added to make this gimmick into his own routine.

Sep 5, 2007
Nice...you must be old like me cause I am betting very few people will get that reference =)

--Jim

p.s. I appreciate your input on the gimmick itself I am just looking for a review on Aaron's subtleties he has added to make this gimmick into his own routine.

Old...? Yep, thats me. As to Aarons routine, it is quite good. It suffers from the same fault as all routines of this type. If you use it a lot, the gimmicks will eventually get quite worn. And replacing them may be problematical. But as I said, the routine itself is very good and practical. Hopefully, refills will be made available.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results