Pass battle open for voting

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I knew the battle would be over before it started (No offense Jake). The reason being is that I have seen RD's pass in previous videos and they actually had me saying "WOW". So my vote went to RD. To Jake- i would suggest making it look natural more... The moves are flawless though. Excellent Job to both! I was impressed by yall'

Oct 22, 2008
every one complains about the camera lol i dont see the huge deal. W/e anywau yah I tried on this one. But hhis was very smooth as well. Thanks for some of the advice guys.

-Jake

I voted for RDC as well, both videos were great. I can't really give a whole lot of advise because I'm not exactilly a master at the pass myself......But good job both of you and keep up the good work!

Jake, great choice in music BTW.

Dec 14, 2007
RD, your left first finger pops when doing the pass. This is the most glaring tell with the pass. (Vernon used to snag one's finger when they would demo it for him.) Do not let it straighten out when passing.

For what it's worth.

Brad Henderson

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
RD, your left first finger pops when doing the pass. This is the most glaring tell with the pass. (Vernon used to snag one's finger when they would demo it for him.) Do not let it straighten out when passing.

For what it's worth.

Brad Henderson

Yeah, thanks a lot, I have been seeing that for some time, for some reason I haven't gotten it to stay put, thanks for the advice.

BTW, thanks guys for voting and commenting =).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2007
It's a tough habit to break. My pass is a little different, so this may not work, but I think about using the forefinger to pull the top half inward and around. Does it really do this? Not sure. But I know that in "thinking" it, it keeps my finger in the correct position.

Brad Henderson

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
But I know that in "thinking" it, it keeps my finger in the correct position.

Brad Henderson

That's (in my opinion) the problem, there its a pretty good sleight in the paper engine ( I cant recall the name of it) where you control the four aces, the thing is, that Aaron Fisher said that he doesnt use it because he can't stop thinking about it when he performs it, it throws him off, and it shows, the human mind can't think of two thoughts at once, yes, we can jump back and fordward in our thoughts, but never have two thoughts at the same time, so that's why I dont think about my pass that much when I am performing it, because while I am doing it , I am usually talking with the audience, so that little off-beat that would cause me thinking about that finger position, I think that it would show...

That's why I am practicing everyday about that finger position, so that one day I can do the sleight without thinking about it...

English it's not my first lenguage so I hope that you understand this =).

Last edited by a moderator:
So the pass battle is now open for voting between RDChopper and I. Advice would be awesome and yah that's about it!

P.S. I swear this was the biggest coincedince we happened to do like the exact same passes! :confused:

http://media.theory11.com/battles/battle.php?id=1163
while both of you guys did good...i got to go with RD, those passes was much more smoother...including his handlings of the cards...it was more pro-esque......but i had to go with RD.....still a better job than i can do Jake....

Dec 14, 2007
RD, perhaps I was unclear.

That was not what I was saying at all.

What I was trying to communicate is that in executing the pass, I envision the finger pulling the top half back and around. If one were to actually study the mechanics, I do not think it really does that. However, by keeping that motion in mind during practice/performance I find that it helps me do the job I need to get done.

I did not want to suggest one ACTUALLY move the top half this way (though, it is an established technique) - but envisioning it moving that way is enough (for me at least) to make sure the packets (and my fingers) stay on their proper course.

Did that make more sense?

Brad

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
RD, perhaps I was unclear.

That was not what I was saying at all.

What I was trying to communicate is that in executing the pass, I envision the finger pulling the top half back and around. If one were to actually study the mechanics, I do not think it really does that. However, by keeping that motion in mind during practice/performance I find that it helps me do the job I need to get done.

I did not want to suggest one ACTUALLY move the top half this way (though, it is an established technique) - but envisioning it moving that way is enough (for me at least) to make sure the packets (and my fingers) stay on their proper course.

Did that make more sense?

Brad

Yeah, sorry my bad, thanks for advice sir.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results