Pass feedback

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by APassivePoke, Apr 20, 2009.

1. I'm sure you're sick of giving people feedback on the pass, but it's one of my favorite sleights to just play around with, even outside the context of a trick, and I want to see if anyone has some advice.

http://vimeo.com/4252833

2. i thought it was good.
    work on the first pass a lil. its knacky, and i know how hard it is.
    the real test is to use it on some participants.
    go out and try it in the real world. no one with catch you
    its a great feeling to know you get away with it

3. I mean I've been getting away with it for a while with misdirection but I'm hoping to get it smooth enough that even if the misdirection fails they won't totally know what happened, if anything at all.

4. I don't think a layperson spectator would spot anything there at all. Heck, I hardly spotted anything, though I think there was just one tiny moment in the second one where you could see half the deck.

5. I would consider doing a slight tilt on the second one to cover the action. I've been doing the pass with a face up card for a while using the tilt and haven't had a problem with it. Like anything with whatever pass, it's a knack...

6. What do you mean by a tilt? The kind of tilt in the Marlo depth illusion or just tilting my hands as I do it?

7. I don't see any problems with your pass at all. It's great, even without misdirection. A laymen would never pick up on what you're doing. I've done some pretty bad passes while people were looking right at my hands and no one questioned a thing... I'm not saying you shouldn't practice more, because it does make it better, but I think it's great and would never get detected.

8. personaly you do a great pass's the first was my fav very natural lokking dribble pass love it keep practicing never stop until your hands develop arthritis then keep on

9. looked good to me... of course you can always get better! but it looked great :)

10. In my opinion, all of your passes that you did in that video are fine for performing. However, as William stated, you can always get better. I would suggest working on executing the "cover action" just a little bit sooner - not after the stock is being replaced, but AS the stock is being replaced.